Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 10, 2007, 12:20 PM   #1

I've narrowed my search down to two cameras, wanted to know what others think. The Fuji F31fd and the Sony DSC-W80. The W80, while having a smaller sensor seems to have the combination of features I want. Unfortunately there is little to no info. out there on this unit therefore I can either wait a bit for more info. or go ahead and get the Fuji now. Why not just wait? Just had a new baby boy and don't want to miss a picture. Have the canon sd800, hate the indoor results (over exposed with flash, or grainy with no flash).Using myCanon S30 for now, but really want low light performanceto catch all the action without a flash. Anyone with info. sample photos,links, etc. to the Sony series would be appreciated.Also, Fuji users, withinput (especially on outdoor results) would be appreciated. The main reason for not ordering the Fuji was due to conflicting posts on outdoor images.

Thanks in advance,

RZ

rzam2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 10, 2007, 12:36 PM   #2

It may be worth considering Canon's excellent A-series, in particular the A550 and A570 or the A710IS. Just a thought!
markgelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2007, 12:45 PM   #3

rzam2k wrote:
Quote:
I've narrowed my search down to two cameras, wanted to know what others think.* The Fuji F31fd and the Sony DSC-W80.* The W80, while having a smaller sensor seems to have the combination of features I want.* Unfortunately there is little to no info. out there on this unit therefore I can either wait a bit for more info. or go ahead and get the Fuji now.* Why not just wait?* Just had a new baby boy and don't want to miss a picture.* Have the canon sd800, hate the indoor results (over exposed with flash, or grainy with no flash).**Using my*Canon S30 for now, but really want low light performance*to catch all the action without a flash.* Anyone with info. sample photos,*links, etc. to the Sony series would be appreciated.**Also, Fuji users, with*input (especially on outdoor results) would be appreciated.* The main reason for not ordering the Fuji was due to conflicting posts on outdoor images.

Thanks in advance,

RZ

I have the Fuji Finepix F30 basically the same as the F31 less "Face Focus". I wrote a review on it, as it is the only point and shoot camera I feel confident with that I can use and know that it will be tack sharp with little or no noise. It is the first time I have used a compact that I can say with confidence can shoot at 800 iso and looks like most shot at 200 iso. It won the prestigious "TIPA" award for best compact camera of the year and sits next to it's pedigree the F10 which won the "EISA" award.

There isn't anything out there that I could use with confidence in the "Compact" camera category that comes close IMHO...

Buy it and enjoy!

Ben
http://www.pressbook.com/homebook.as...&owner_id=5144

Sample from the F30:
Attached Images

benjikan is offline   Reply With Quote