Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 26, 2007, 8:51 AM   #1

need the experts opinon on my low budget ,which 1 would be the best to get,for picture quality and best all around

Fuji FinePix F20
Fuji FinePix A800
Nikon coolpix L11
simonfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 26, 2007, 9:42 AM   #2

ok i can afford any of the 3 above which is the best

thanks
simonfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2007, 11:32 AM   #3

The problem here is you really haven't defined your photographic interests. Best is a variable dependent on your needs and expectations.

Besides defining yours needs I'm interested in how you came up with the original list of ~8 cameras and then reduced it to three. What was your criteria for either list?

The Fuji F20 lists at $300 US and using that as an upper limit there are literally dozens of very good cameras available but there characteristics are not identical. Some excel at some things while being good at others and other cameras excel at different things.

I'd suggest starting with Steve's Best Cameras list http://www.steves-digicams.com/best_cameras.html. Of the three cameras you've listed only the Fuji F20 shows up but neither Steve nor any other reviewer has tested all the cameras on your list so the fact that the others don't show up may only indicate they haven't been tested.

That said I have an issue with the F20 because it doesn't have an optical viewfinder which is a must in my PERSONAL criteria. Your mileage may vary.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2007, 7:34 PM   #4

AC, I think perhaps you are looking at the price of the F30 rather than the F20? The F20 is available virtually everywhere for under $200, and some places under $150.

Simon, IMO, the F20 is the most well-rounded of the group you have listed, and the most capable of taking the best photo.
flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2007, 11:03 PM   #5

Igave the list price shown in Steve's review.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote