Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 3, 2007, 12:21 PM   #1

[align=left]After using this camera for 3 years +, I am looking for a replacement. I want something with better image quality for hand held night photography, large enlargements, and with good physical controls. I like printing out A2 size landscape photos to be displayed on the wall.

Price wise, not an issue. The camera should be a keeper until the next decade. Preferably something durable to survive through the cold or hot, dusty or wet climate. I will be traveling with the camera often to places around the world, with different climates and temperatures.

[/align]
Artline is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 4, 2007, 3:17 PM   #2

[align=left]Well, I am guessing no one here wants to help me out hur?

I have seek some advice from another forum, and they have recommended me a Sony alpha a100, and Pentax K10/100D digital single lens reflex cameras. A build in CCD shift image stabilization was mentioned in those slrs, a feature I would like to retain from my A2.

Just informing what I've come across, I'll probably be settling with one of them by the weekends.

See you soon.
[/align][align=left]I was given a link to MR. Kenrockwell's site with some megapixel myth logics, pretty interesting..
[/align]http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/mpmyth.htm
Old May 4, 2007, 3:37 PM   #3

The Sony A100 is my personal camera and it performs very well. The antishake system also adds to the value of the camera. The K10 also is a great camera with antishake function. It is suppose to be waterproof. The Sony is not waterproof. I had no problems with noise to the 400 iso level. I have not taken any photos with any iso beyond 400. Noise Ninja is an excellent software to clean up noise with any photo. The K10 is suppose to be better at the high iso settings. I would not trade my Sony for the K10.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2007, 4:07 PM   #4

So the Pentax K10D it shall eventually be..for the next decade. It shall survive through the tides and time, winds and rains, sands and storms of the times I will be travelling with it..it better hold itself well..providing me with the correct exposures..consistently..accurately..each every time. The A2 has been shortlived..