Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 16, 2007, 2:47 AM   #1

Hey guys. I'm looking for a nice ultra-compact camera that has interval shooting. I know that some of the latest Canon cameras have time lapse movies, however it is at 640x480 and only for 1 or 2 sec intervals. Ideally I would like full resolution images every 5+ seconds. It would also be nice to have image stabilization as I really enjoyed that feature with my last camera, Panasonic Lumix FX7. Does anyone know of any camera that has these features?

I found that the Ricoh Caplio R6 has interval shooting like I want. However, I hear the image quality is really poor. Any comments?

Thanks so much and keep up the good work!
- James

JNish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 16, 2007, 9:36 PM   #2

I can't help you select a camera with built in interval timer but you can always go to an external interval timer like the units from Canon and Pentax and use it to control a dSLR.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-TC80N3-R.../dp/B00009XVA3

I will point out that this unit is available pre-modified with the phono style jack that fits the rest of the Canon line and also the Pentax line. I'm not sure what jack Nikon uses.
Tom Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2007, 1:44 PM   #3

Yeah I was thinking that an external intervalometer may work better in my case. Do you know of any that work with the Powershot SD series, or other compact cameras. Perhaps something that manually presses on the trigger.
JNish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2007, 8:56 PM   #4

The Nikon S4/S10 and P3/P4 have interval time modes to take pictures at intervals of 30 seconds to 30-60 minutes. They are not credit card ultra-compact but the S series are a little smaller.
blindsight is offline   Reply With Quote