Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 20, 2007, 7:21 PM   #1

Folks, could someone tell me what camera I should purchase which is similar to the Sony DSC-T5, but does not take blurry images 99% of the time?

No matter what I do, tripod, tweaking settings, max resolution, no zoom, blah blah blah... all I get from this DSC-T5 is blurry pictures. What a piece of junk.

My old DSC-85 1.3 MP floppy camaera was more reliaable than this.

Please help me pick something which works as advertised which is in the same size and battery life category?

Thanks,
Fabian.

flamaest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 20, 2007, 10:23 PM   #2

Blurry pictures are an artifact of small and light cameras with tiny sensors, silly resolution, and powerful zoom lenses.

Have you tried bumping the ISO to 200 or 400? You'll end up with a little grain but you will be shooting faster shutter speeds that will aid your quest for sharpness.

Also, it might be worth while to brush up on your camera holding technique. You said your images aren't that sharp when you use a tripod but do you use the 10 second self-timer? If you can get sharp images using the self timer and a tripod, the camera is fine.

Before you buy another camera, I suggest you try it first. Most cameras these days have crazy resolution and tiny sensors. There are even some 10mp ultra compacts available now. Even with IS, that's pretty extreme at those sensor sizes. It's little wonder it's tough for the average person to get a decent picture out of a modern sub compact.
Tom Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2007, 9:52 PM   #3

ISO 200 worked very well, thanks!!

ISO 400 was way too grainy.

Too bad I had to learn this well after having taken hundreds of shots.

Why can't these stupid cameras work the right way on Auto.. WTF?

I look forward to my non-blurry shots..

Thanks again,
Fabian.
flamaest is offline   Reply With Quote