Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 22, 2007, 12:03 AM   #11

Viren, what is it that you're actually trying to do? I don't understand why you'd want such a range of exposures. Obviously if something exposes well at 1/100, it would pretty much be black at 1/1000.

If you're trying to get a time lapse photo series of a plant growing or something like that, it would make much more sense to simply set the camera to aperture priority and take individual photos, brackets, or RAW images. I can't imagine any use for all those redundant exposures.
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2007, 12:44 AM   #12

Corpsy wrote:
Quote:
Viren, what is it that you're actually trying to do? I don't understand why you'd want such a range of exposures. Obviously if something exposes well at 1/100, it would pretty much be black at 1/1000.

If you're trying to get a time lapse photo series of a plant growing or something like that, it would make much more sense to simply set the camera to aperture priority and take individual photos, brackets, or RAW images. I can't imagine any use for all those redundant exposures.
Dear Cropsy,

I have been searching and came across http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20050162525.html patent, an applicaiton that can do this is what I require.

Trying to compare Light Conditions... to do a comparison, I am opting for keeping all other parameters same except varying the Shutter Speed .. but then again, based on this experience, i have to experiment, whether keeping shutter speed constant and having different apertures or to keep fixed aperture and vary shutter speeds.... whichever gives best results.....

any camera that will allow me to remote control through PC that will allow me specifying all the parameters will do.

ViReN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2007, 1:08 AM   #13

So far the DSLR Remote Pro is closest..... I have downloaded a trial.... but now I have to get hold of Canon EOS 400D first to experiment before buying both of these things

http://www.breezesys.com/DSLRRemotePro/features.htm

thank you every one for replying, it has been very helpful....
ViReN is offline   Reply With Quote