Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 26, 2007, 2:13 AM   #1

Would you do this?

I still havent decided! I had my mind set on the H7, but with all the issues I just cant do it... so Im looking again.

The canon A630 and the Fuji s6000fd have bigger sensors than the H7, so wouldnt that make better quality photos?

I cant find the s6000fd anywhere!!! so I dont know if Id even like it. I played with the A630 and it was ok... I could get it for now and save up for a DSLR down the road.

Is the A630 a good camera? or should I look at another?

Im thinking way too much in to this, but there are just too many options to pick from and I dont want to get it wrong!
SDIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 26, 2007, 3:11 AM   #2

SDIX schreef:
Quote:
I cant find the s6000fd anywhere!!!

Maybe you should look for the S6500fd...... Fuji uses different names for the same camera, one is shipped to america and the other to europe.

But about the size of the sensor. More pixels on a smaller sensor means more noise, but the internal software that dealswith the noise, is important and the lens is important too.
Rudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2007, 10:42 AM   #3

Ive physically gone and looked at every place that sells cameras n town and they dont have the s6000fd or s6500fd.

There is one store that carries the s9100(or is it s9000?) but that was all I could find in terms of superzoom. It wasnt on display either.
SDIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2007, 12:18 PM   #4

The A630 is not an ultrazoom camera. If you are happy with this amount of range you can also consider the Fuji F series, perhaps the F30 or F31FD. These cameras use the same sensor as the S6500FD, and have very similiar image quality. See F30 review here:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/F30/F30A.HTM

If you want more zoom, then perhaps Sony's H7 or H9 would be the next best thing.
It won't match the Fuji for high ISO image quality, but from what I've read about it, it ought to do be acceptable enough.
Shahmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2007, 1:57 PM   #5

SDIX wrote:
Quote:
The canon A630 and the Fuji s6000fd have bigger sensors than the H7, so wouldnt that make better quality photos?
A larger sensor would result in a greater depth of field, but would require a more complex and expensive lens.

All by itself, a larger sensor would not necessarily make better quality photos.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote