Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 26, 2007, 8:38 PM   #1

Dad is looking for a new camera. He is use to his kodak, but I dont know the name of it... its a heck of a lot nicer than mine was and is about 5-6 years old.

He mainly uses his camera for work, which is taking photos of an entire house or small building. Then he uses the photos for renerdings of home improvements, prints them out on regular size printer paper, and presents them to the customer for opinions on which item(s) they would like better on their house.

So essentially he needs a panoramic camera so he can fit any sized length building into his photo without having to stand hundreds of feet from it.

It also needs to be small enough to fit into a large sized pocket. He doesnt care if it is tiny or flat, but just that it can fit into his pocket. He actually put a small superzoom in his pocket and thought it was ok lol!!!

He doesnt have a budget as long as the camera is worth the money. He will also use it for personal use, photos of the grandkids, and vacation pics.

He LOVES the idea of getting a casing to take it underwater, he is a scubadiver... but it isnt a must.

Any suggestions to give him? Im just going to email him a list to look at.

(I have no idea what cameras do panoramic shots, that wasnt something I was looking for. I suggested to him a few that were suggested to me even though they might not work for him. The canon A630 and A710, Fuji F30/F31?)
SDIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 27, 2007, 11:27 PM   #2

The following current model Kodaks have in-camera panoramic stitch:

C875, V570, V603, V610, V705, V803, V1003, Z885, Z712,and P712.

The C875, Z885 are conventional compact P&Ss, the V series are sub-compacts, and the Z & P 712 are super-zooms although the Z712 is the smallest, lightest 12x, IS super-zoom available.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 1:32 AM   #3

I think the z712 is the one he was looking at that he put in his pocket. He said it wasa kodak, started with a z, and had a 12 zoom. He really liked it, so since it does have the panoramic I think Ill give him the go ahead to get that one.
SDIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 11:34 AM   #4

Make sure he was handling a Z712. The Z612 is exactly the same sizebut doesn't have panoramic stitching in camera. The Z612 is all silver in color whereas the Z712 is mostly black. Most cases not much difference between camera but in this case it's got to be a Z712.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote