Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 30, 2007, 9:13 PM   #11
Administrator

Suggested Reading:

How to buy a digital camera without being robbed

If you see a price that's much lower than the dealer that mtclimber mentioned (beachcamera.com, a.k.a., buydig.com), it's probably a scam. Those guys usually have the lowest price on a camera from a reputable dealer (although there are some exceptions, and I'd make sure to check prices with another reputable dealer like http://www.bhphotovideo.com ), and I'd probably avoid the beachcamera package deals (they have to make a buck somewhere). lol

If a dealer is in Brooklyn, be *extra careful*. That's the scam artist capital of the U.S. for internet camera vendors. For some reason, they seem to be able to get away with it there. Of course, most of them are smart enough not to put an address on their site now (another red flag).

Always check the store ratings for any dealer you consider at http://www.resellerratings.com

If they're not listed, I'd avoid them. If they have a small number of customer reviews, I'd avoid them (since vendors have been caught padding their own ratings with glowing reviews). The same old scammers start businesses with new names pretty often (and the same scammer may have a number of different web sites with different business names).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2007, 1:10 PM   #12

Thanks. Since i've ordered from B&H before, and since a friend of mine(in photography) highly recommends them. I'm just gonna stick with them.

Again thank you all for "coming to my rescue", so to speak. :-)
novice_photographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2007, 1:14 PM   #13

You're welcome...

Congratulations on your new purchase. Enjoy taking photos and post a few photos when you have a chance.

Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2007, 1:32 PM   #14

Oh, I haven't ordered it yet.(i haven't saved up enough yet)I bought a lens cap from B&H for my 35mm since last year my aunt lost it at Santas Land in the mountians. :roll:

novice_photographer is offline   Reply With Quote