Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 5, 2007, 3:22 PM   #1
vng

Hi

My old Sony DSC-W7was broken down few days ago. I need to purchase a replacement unit. Then I readmany reviews for different brands of Digital Camera. However, I could not make anydecision from the following list.

1. Sony DSC- W200

2. Sony DSC- W90

3. Canon PowerShot A640

4. Canon PowerShot SD900

5. Panasonic Lumix DMC- LX2K

Could you give me some advices?

THanks!
vng is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 5, 2007, 5:05 PM   #2

What types of pictures do you take and under what conditions?
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2007, 10:01 PM   #3

Without a doubt, the SD-900 becomes quite a bit questionable, unless you can support your argument with VERY specific photo samples. Go for it, I challenge you. State your case. it will be a fun discussion .

Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2007, 1:46 AM   #4
vng

I do think all DCs perform very good under sunlight. Therefore the one DC I am looking for should perform well indoor and low light environment as well.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 11:48 AM   #5

vng-

When you mention low light level photos and indoor photos, does that refer to taking your photos without the use of flash, or with the use of flash?

Ifthe photos are to be takenwithout the use of flash, the Fuji cameras such as the F-20, F-30, F-40, and the S-6000 seem to excel a good deal more impressively in that specific environment. It might be a consideration in your selection process.

Sarah
Old Jun 6, 2007, 4:14 PM   #6
vng

Thanks Sarah!

I used to have 2 Fujifilm DCs and one was FinePix S602. I totally agree Fujifilm DCs can perform well under low light environment. However, its focusing time was slow compared to 3rd DC (Sony DSC-W7). Do you notice all DCs I purchased are used AA batteries? This is because I can take 300 photosdaily if I go for a trip. Battery life is my second concernto choosea good DC for me.

Vng
Old Jun 6, 2007, 4:19 PM   #7
vng

Thanks Sarah!

I used to have 2 Fujifilm DCs and one was FinePix S602. I totally agree Fujifilm DCs can perform well under low light environment. However, its focusing time was slow compared to 3rd DC (Sony DSC-W7). Do you notice all DCs I purchased are used AA batteries? This is because I can take 300 photosdaily if I go for a trip. Battery life is my second concernto choosea good DC for me.

Vng
Old Jun 6, 2007, 4:20 PM   #8
vng

Thanks Sarah!

Vng
Old Jun 6, 2007, 4:20 PM   #9
vng

Thanks Sarah!

Vng
Old Jun 6, 2007, 6:26 PM   #10

vng-

I also owned a Fuji S-602 and know of it slowness to focus, especially as light levels decreased. However, I also own a Fuji S-6000 and it focuses quite quickly and dependably. The S-6000 is also a very capable camera both in normal outdoor lighting as well as in low light level environments.

It might be worth a look. Here is a handheld, no flash, ISO 800 photo sample

Sarah
Attached Images