Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 7, 2007, 7:11 PM   #11

Ok... fuji camera seem to rock the low light department lately for P&S cameras. The F30 and f40 look like great cameras so I'm going to look at teh Sony w55 and the fuji f40 in person at the store later.

What do you guys think of the pinefix v10? That thing looks slick.
Bo0osted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2007, 7:11 PM   #12

Thank you for the replies everyone.

I took a look and the casio seems to not be the best for her. I like the low light capabilities of the fuji f40 but not so much the design. So now I'm between the sony w55 which seems to be capable and looks good, the fuji f40, or the finepix v10.
Does anyone know if the v10 performs just as well as the f40 in low light conditions? That v10 looks slick..
Bo0osted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2007, 11:23 AM   #13

Not familiar with the V10 but the W55 is a very popular point & shoot at the moment. Honestly the Sony W80 is a good improvement in my eyes due to the fact that it has an optical stabilization built in. In addition it has an HD connection if you would like to connect to an HDTV for a slideshow. Although I wouldn't consider stabilization a must have, especially with a point & shoot with 3x zoom, I do seem to notice a difference in the overall quality of the 2.
DIGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2007, 12:32 PM   #14

I don't own the W-80, but it did not do well in the professional reviews. There was a lot more enthusiasm for the new W-55.

Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2007, 1:17 PM   #15

Agree with Sarah here, the W35/55 are ok. I am very happy with last years W100, but from the reviews I've seen on the W80 and W90 something has gone wrong, forexample as with the H7/H9 both these new cameras hasno fine/standard image quality choice, the same also applies to the T100 as well as the about to be releasedW200. If you can still find a DSC-W100 I'm sure you will have a great camera and cheap too as they are now discontinued.
Wirraway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2007, 1:40 PM   #16

Wirraway-

Is really quite correct. Last year's Sony W-100 is better than this year's crop of Son W-series cameras. The only exception seems to be the W-55.

The situation is very similiar with the H-series cameras. The H-9 has been reviewed and did not do very well. So too, we have seen user reviews that bear out the same evaluation. Once again, last year's H-5 and H-2 cameras are better than the H-7 and H-9 it seems. When you consider that the H-2 is available on the internet for below $(US) 200, makes it a very good buy indeed.

Sarah
Old Jun 8, 2007, 5:54 PM   #17

Here is a well detailed macro shot taken handheld, in the shade this afternoon with the Sony W-55. I will work on putting together more W-55 samples.

Sarah
Attached Images

Old Jun 8, 2007, 7:26 PM   #18

Here is a handheld, noflash, ISO 400 shot taken at the post office with the Sony W-55.

Sarah
Attached Images