Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 12, 2007, 5:29 PM   #11

harmonica-

Neither Walmart.com nor amazon.com (in the USA) charge a re-stocking fee.

I came across another camera that might interest you. It is the Fuji S-700 with 7mp, an excellent EVF, 10X optical zoom (38 to 380mm in 35mm terms), wonderful macros. an excellent video capability, and here in the USA, I was able to get it from http://www.buy.com for $(US) 197.00 with a coupon. No it does not have IS.

Here is a sample photo taken with the Fuji S-700 using the zoom. Notice the sharpness and feather detail in the feathers on the seagull's back. All in all it is a rather impressive, and small digicam.

Sarah
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2007, 9:20 AM   #12

Thanks for the advice, but Fuji is out (not SD compatible). I checked amazon's refund policy, and they may not have a restocking fee, but that doesn't stop them from taking a portion of the refund if they so choose.

According to their policies, they only pay return shipping if the error was their own (defunct product). And if you open it, you can get slapped with this:

"Items that do not meet our returns guidelines will receive only partial refunds:
  • Any unopened media item or non-media item in original condition that is returned more than 30 days after delivery: 80% of item's price. [/*]
  • Any book that has obvious signs of use: 50% of item's price. [/*]
  • Any CD, DVD, VHS tape, software, video game, cassette tape, or vinyl record that has been opened (taken out of its plastic wrap): 50% of item's price. [/*]
  • Any item that is not in its original condition, is damaged, or is missing parts for reasons not due to our error: up to 50% of item's price. "
[/*]
So if they wanted to, they could only give 50% back if I open the box, not a chance I'm willing to take. I might go the walmart route... Hopefully they have them in-store.
harmonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2007, 10:49 AM   #13

Harmonica-

The Fuji S-5700/S-700 use BOTH SD and XD cards.

Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2007, 12:14 PM   #14

Ah, I don't think I want something THAT big, but thanks anyways.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 9:15 AM   #15

I got the a630. Seems good so far.