Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 12, 2007, 8:45 PM   #11

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
fldspringer-

I use both the Olympus E-300 and the E-500 and think that they are great cameras. Attached is an E-300 photo of my husband.

Sarah
And we Oly DSLR users LOVE to share our pics : - )

50-200 f2.8-3.5 and e500

fldspringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2007, 9:37 PM   #12

That is a great photo that you posted, fldspringer-

I also have the Zukio 50-200mm lens and really love it. It is a lens that competes quitewell with similiar Canon or Nikon lenses of the same focal length.

Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2007, 7:38 AM   #13

Hi!

I have another question.. I hope it is ok to post under this thread.. since there is no separate forum for olympus camera lenses..

We have another Olympus camera in family.. OM10.. with some lenses.. I have no idea if they can be used with E-330.. One of them is this one.. I found the link in web:

Code:
http://www.adaptall-2.com/lenses/46A.html
I have been reading about adapters and etc. but I still don't understand, if it is worth to look for one.. can the picture quality be ok, if it's possible to get them working..

Another one is a Vivitar 28mm 1:2,8 close focus wide angle lens DN 49mm.. I have a million of questions regarding lenses.. I have to start once..

Thanks in advance!

DigitalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2007, 8:26 AM   #14

DigitalGal-

It is somewhat questionable. It sounds like a system that Tamron used for their lenses years ago. Meaning that there is an adaptor to fit the lens to the E-330 mount. It may work and it might not. You would have to try it.

Next there would be the question as to if you would have auto focus and auto exposure. In most adaptors, the adaptordoes not make any electrical connections. Therefore, you might end up with a totally manual lens. Without being able to see the adaptor, it is very difficult to make a judgement.

Sarah
Old Jun 13, 2007, 8:59 AM   #15

Thank you for the response, Sarah.. I am digging in the web.. I have to find the answer.. If they sell oly OM adapter rings to fit OM lenses to E330, then should be some reason.. I am going to find this out..
Old Jun 13, 2007, 9:46 AM   #16

DigitalGal-

Yes they sell the adaptors, so that the older lens can be used. However, in almost all cases, you loose the Auto Focus and the Auto Exposure features. The same thing happens with Pentax DSLR cameras. The adapter allows the use of an older lens, but everything becomes manual.

Sarah
Old Jun 14, 2007, 8:26 AM   #17

Thanks for sharing again! I'll figure out this sooner or later.. Have a great time there! I am back after 24th June..
Old Jun 14, 2007, 8:29 AM   #18

Thanks for sharing again! I'll figure out this sooner or later.. Have a great time there! I am back after 24th June..
Old Jun 14, 2007, 8:39 AM   #19

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
Yes they sell the adaptors, so that the older lens can be used. However, in almost all cases, you loose the Auto Focus and the Auto Exposure features.
Yes. The webpage for the Olympus MF-1 OM Adapter []http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_support_accessories.asp?id=1192&ct=93] lists the limitations. If DigitalGal has some really good lenses (like the Zuiko 90 or 100mm f/2), then this sounds like a worthwhile investment, but otherwise it would just be an interesting toy.
TCav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2007, 12:39 PM   #20

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
fldspringer-

I use both the Olympus E-300 and the E-500 and think that they are great cameras. Attached is an E-300 photo of my husband.

Sarah
OK... I'm not normally a fan of the 4/3 format but I have to admit I'm intrigued by the compact E-410 I realize the 330 is only marginly bigger but what are advantages of one verses the other. The 410 has 10MPsensor but does it pay to go that large on a 4/3 camera. Ilike the idea of the 410's stabilization but I like the articulating LCD on the 330. I'm not sure I'm crazy about offset the flash mount on the 330 but that's minor. I know I could read the specs to find out more but I'm not really in the market. I'm more curious than anything, although I could be tempted to sell off some of my extra KM equipment and probably pick upa 410. Withthe right lens it might be theclosest thing to the compact size of superzoom.
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote