Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 16, 2007, 3:59 AM   #11

Why not consider the Fuji S6500FD? I bought this unit recently and I've been very happy with its performance.

On the pro side:

It's got industry leading technology in theISO department, which leads to fantastic lowlight (non flash) photography.

Manual zoom ring lens, allowing for quick, and accurate zooming. I personallythink itlends a very pro touch to the cam, and gives a good feel of the DSLR world.

Wide angle lens, starting at 28mm and going all the way to 300mm.

Excellent autofocusing in indoor situations with one of the brightest AF lamps around.

RAW ability: for those images you feel doubtful of, and may want to touch up later.

On the con side:

It does not have IS. Fuji says that the camera compensates with its high ISO ability (up to 3200), but even so, the photos taken at the extreme telephoto end tend to get blurry unless you have good lighting.

Its a bit on the heavy side, about 600g with batteries. Though some say this adds to the camera's stability.

See review here:

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/fu...ew/index.shtml
Shahmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2007, 4:00 AM   #12

Why not consider the Fuji S6500FD? I bought this unit recently and I've been very happy with its performance.

On the pro side:

It's got industry leading technology in theISO department, which leads to fantastic lowlight (non flash) photography.

Manual zoom ring lens, allowing for quick, and accurate zooming. I personallythink itlends a very pro touch to the cam, and gives a good feel of the DSLR world.

Wide angle lens, starting at 28mm and going all the way to 300mm.

Excellent autofocusing in indoor situations with one of the brightest AF lamps around.

RAW ability: for those images you feel doubtful of, and may want to touch up later.

On the con side:

It does not have IS. Fuji says that the camera compensates with its high ISO ability (up to 3200), but even so, the photos taken at the extreme telephoto end tend to get blurry unless you have good lighting.

Its a bit on the heavy side, about 600g with batteries. Though some say this adds to the camera's stability.

See review here:

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/fu...ew/index.shtml
Old Jun 16, 2007, 4:04 AM   #13

Duplicate post....dang....