Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 23, 2007, 5:19 PM   #1

I need a digital camera that has support for MSC mode so that I can drag and drop frames from the camera to the PC as if the camera were a flash drive. The frames should be formatted to display on the web so I think that means lossy .jpeg (perhaps uncompressed)?

Likewise I'm looking for 3x optical zoom and movie mode too.

My budget is around $130. I bought the 6 megapixel Fujifilm 610 and the quality of the frames is great imo for both the still photos and the movies (30 FPS) but since I won't have access to anything but public PC's, I need MSC support and so I'm forced to return it to the store and look for something else.

It seems that it's hard to find information on whether or not cameras support MSC or not.

Any suggestions?
Whane The Whip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 23, 2007, 5:27 PM   #2

Interesting request... over the past year or so, I've plugged 5 or 6 digicams into my PC running WinXP, and have been able to drag and drop files without issue.

Quote:
The frames should be formatted to display on the web so I think that means lossy .jpeg (perhaps uncompressed)?
I don't know of any digicams that do not support jpeg.

Is carrying around a small external card reader out of the question?
flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2007, 5:41 PM   #3

I've heard similar and thought I would just buy the camera I wanted and see if it support MSC. My first choice did not and I could see myself buying and returning cameras over and over again so I thought I would ask online first.

I can't carry a reader, I have very limited space. If not I would take my laptop too and keep the Fujifilm finepix.

Maybe I should just keep buying until I find something that works for me.
Whane The Whip is offline   Reply With Quote