Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 25, 2007, 7:13 PM   #1

I have a Fuji S7000 camera that I am really very happy with (its ease of use,quality of pictures ,macro quality and colour output etc),however as I am going for a short holiday overseas soon,and it is a rather big camera,decided to purchase a more compact one. I researched extensively and ended up purchasing the Olympus U740 (- its slimline,lightweight features, higher mp and optical zoom ,budget price and positive reviews attracted me to it). However, I am totally disappointed with it - the quality of pics are poor - and unless you (on the lucky chance) get to capture just the right amount of light - the picture is grainy with poor colour ! I have tried different settings etc butwith no luck. Now i wish I hadn't bought it. Can anyone offer any ideas about an alternative compact camera. I would like it to have both auto and manual features, good macro options ( I like to use this feature), 5X or more optical zoom,higher megapix and of course good budget price ! (AsI have already wasted some of my precious travellingfunds...)Iwant to be confident that the pictures i take will have a similar / same quality as those taken with my Fuji!

Klords is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 26, 2007, 6:08 AM   #2

I'd just say to take the Fuji, okay so it is a little big and takes up a little more room in your luggage, but you know it is going to take nice pictures. Stepping down is probably only going to leave you dissapointed, and surely when you go away that is a prime time to be taking pictures and you want your best equipment with you?

That's my thoughts anyway

Mark
markgelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2007, 6:09 AM   #3

I seem to be cursed with double posting!
markgelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2007, 2:35 AM   #4

Till they get the intermittent bug fixed.... posting hangs (to be safe copy first) then just back up to original post and reload you wil find its actually there.9 times out of 10)

Just hitting send over and over just produces the multiple posts.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2007, 5:01 PM   #5

Hi Mark

Thanks for your reply.......I appreciate your thoughts ! But.....I still think I would probably like to take something smaller and lighter though than the Fuji. Not only for greater mobility but also, to bemore inconspicuous with photos that I might wish to take - if that makes sense?

The Canon A710 IS seems to have good reviews from what I have read on here and on the Net ! Decision Decisions - there are so many to choose from !

Klords

Klords is offline   Reply With Quote