Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 8, 2007, 3:37 PM   #1

hey guys

Been lookin' on this camera since it came out, but haven't seen any reviews. I have consulted steve's digicams for advice earlier, but this particulary cam is not reviewed.

Can anyone give me advice whether to buy this or not, or point my nose to reviews that will enlighten me?
If I shouldn't buy this, other suggestions, since I've only used Ixus' for the past 4 years...

TIA

compact is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 8, 2007, 8:28 PM   #2

What's so attractive about the Samsung? Why do you want it to the exclusion of the rest of the marketplace?
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2007, 4:45 PM   #3

I don't know really... I just like the innovative design of the camera in general, but designs shouldn't be the reson for buying only...

In general I'm looking for a pocket sized cam for my traveling and stuff like that, so have ruled out the cams in the sizes in the region of the fuji finepix s6500 wise...

But if the NV11 isn't worth the prize or simply is a bad buy, I would like to head in another direction!

Old Jul 24, 2007, 4:48 PM   #4

Old Jul 24, 2007, 4:56 PM   #5

Old Jul 25, 2007, 11:02 AM   #6

I'd look at the cameras on Steve's Best Camera's list: http://www.steves-digicams.com/best_cameras.htmlin the 6-10 MP class and in the ultra-compact class.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 4:51 AM   #7

yes, already done that and the ultra compact section too. But I just don't want to rule this camera out before I read about the other cam. When that is said, I really like the Canon Ixus 800is and have tried it before and have borrowed an Olympus SP700 this past month that I'm extremely pleased with... I'm just having a hard time turning my eyes away from the other cam - especially since the few reviews I've read seems fairly good... But then again I keep telling my self to buy a cam for functions and not for looks! I just really likes the samsung
Old Jul 27, 2007, 11:56 AM   #8

This boils down to my prejudice. My long term view of Samsung is that their objective is to produce good specifications, good pictures are secondary. I suspect that's the reason so few independent reviews have tested the camera.

That said I'm less offended by Samsung stuffing 10MP on a 1/1.8 sensor than other manufacturers stuffing 10 MP on a 1/2.5 sensor.

Personnally, when it's my own money I have no problem passing up an impressive set of specs. for documented and proven performance.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 3:42 PM   #9

I understand what you're saying! I think I'm just gonna hang back for a while, I see what the next couple of months are gonna bring both review wise, but also what the stores will put up on offers. The ixus' are madly popular here, so maybe the 800/850/950is' will be a choice. But thanks anyways guys - I'll be bringing it back up as soon as I have held the camera in hand and read some danish reviews and not only the us/uk reviews...
Old Jul 29, 2007, 4:19 PM   #10

yup, think I finally found a camera that is a possibility too. I've been reading a bit about the Kodak easyshare V610 and I quite like the camera, so think I'll go to the store and try it out and see how it feels...