Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 14, 2007, 12:34 AM   #1

I seldom am this hard on a camera review but I'm warning anyone who buys the latest Fuji S 700 you will be sadly disappointed. This camera has a real problem in reading light in contrast situations no matter what you do (there are numerous reviews in europe and england of these problems and the camera is really being downgraded) Second, the chromatic abberation and purple fringing is so bad you won't believe it. This is especially true in contrasty situations. Finally, I don't know where Steve's digicams test their cameras but the color is terrible on this camera (other technical reviewers have noticed this too) and washed out. Furthermore, the camera is not accuate in color rendition.

I wish I would have waited til I found the foreign reviews. This camera is not worth the money if you expect to get sharp, well exposed, true color photos. I have a number of digital camera from Fuji, Nikon, and Canon. My old Canon G2's color quality buries this thing. It's hard to believe Fuji released this camera. I've contacted them and they really don't wish to comment on the photos I sent them.

Buy something else!
troutfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 14, 2007, 6:23 AM   #2

troutfisherman wrote:
Quote:
I seldom am this hard on a camera review but I'm warning anyone who buys the latest Fuji S 700 you will be sadly disappointed. This camera has a real problem in reading light in contrast situations no matter what you do (there are numerous reviews in europe and england of these problems and the camera is really being downgraded) Second, the chromatic abberation and purple fringing is so bad you won't believe it. This is especially true in contrasty situations. Finally, I don't know where Steve's digicams test their cameras but the color is terrible on this camera (other technical reviewers have noticed this too) and washed out. Furthermore, the camera is not accuate in color rendition.

I wish I would have waited til I found the foreign reviews. This camera is not worth the money if you expect to get sharp, well exposed, true color photos. I have a number of digital camera from Fuji, Nikon, and Canon. My old Canon G2's color quality buries this thing. It's hard to believe Fuji released this camera. I've contacted them and they really don't wish to comment on the photos I sent them.

Buy something else!
1. Do you have some sample shots? a

2 do you have some Links?

3 and you owned this and can vid a review for all?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote