Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 28, 2007, 1:11 PM   #1

Is there a significant difference between the qualities of photos taken by both cameras?

Is the S3IS a dSLR? The good thing about is its video quality plus optical zoom while filming. The bad thing is it isn't compact.

I like SD1000 because of its size and versatility, but I'm worried that cellular phones with cameras would someday take the place of compact digicams.

Is there a really huge difference between photo qualities of SD1000 and S3IS? Can anyone convince me that S3IS is way better than SD1000 / Ixus 70?

I'm looking for a camera that will last. Maybe I'll buy a phone-cam for on the go pictures and videos.
animasola is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 28, 2007, 6:47 PM   #2

It sounds like you prefer a compact camera so I would go for ther SD1000. The image quality of the Canon cameras are generally very good to excellent and the movie mode of these compact cameras is pretty good as well.

In any case, both the movie mode and the image quality are going to far exceed the majority of camera phones at the moment unless you are going to pay several times what this camera will cost.

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2007, 11:33 PM   #3

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
It sounds like you prefer a compact camera so I would go for ther SD1000. The image quality of the Canon cameras are generally very good to excellent and the movie mode of these compact cameras is pretty good as well.

In any case, both the movie mode and the image quality are going to far exceed the majority of camera phones at the moment unless you are going to pay several times what this camera will cost.

Thanks rgvcam! But may I ask if there is a really significant difference in the qualities of photos between the SD1000 and S3IS?
animasola is offline   Reply With Quote