Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 6, 2007, 2:50 PM   #1

Ok so I ordered the Kodak C743 digital camera and it came today. Quite frankly it is a piece of shit.When I opened it I was extremely disappointed. It has cheap plastic, it feels like a frigan toy. Also, it is way too big for what I was looking for. The pictures made it out to be a nice little camera but its not. So can anyone help me choose another camera? I want something that is pretty sturdy, not cheap ass plastic that will break if I drop it once. I want it to be small and compact. I would like a minimum of 6.0 MP and I don't want to pay any more than $200. Any suggestions?
Pmaw10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 6, 2007, 3:07 PM   #2

I just got back fom BB and wow looked at the c613? kodak. seemed to take a nice pic for the price it was worth 100 plus

you are placing yourelf in a price range?

for that is makes one hard to choose. sorry but do not get the casio LOL a metal body love it but not your price range

you must give just a lil?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2007, 4:48 PM   #3

I suggest that you go to all the retailers in your area that have a reasonable selection of cameras (Best Buy, Sears, Wal-Mart, CostCo, etc.). An important factor in buying a camera, and one you just learned the hard way, is that you need to handle the camera in order to know if you can comfortably use it. And take notes.

And if a salesperson provides you will good service, and can sell you the camera you decide to buy, buy it from him or her.

The research you did in making your first purchase should allow you to filter out the BS that some salespeople will shovel into your path, so don't leave until you've had a chance to handle every camera they have that you might be interested in. And don't ask a salesperson any questions. When you ask a salesperson a question, you're telling him or her that you think he or she knows more than you do, and that's a dangerous position to put yourself in.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2007, 4:58 PM   #4

Yeah you are right. Thats what I really need to do. Unfortunately my car is in the shop for the next few days sooo. What do you guys think about the panasonic lumix fx3?
Pmaw10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2007, 5:15 PM   #5

now that looks like a winner, but again mentioned above go visit a store? when you get a chance, never rush into it?

research is a key. I went like I said above post. Lookedat a camera andwalked out with samples. I then got home reviewed the Kodak c613 i never knew the vid was 15fps, no box or panthlet, but hey?

take a sd card grab a shot and well if it is .Mov you're out of luck in a way? but you sure can view on tehir Pc's :G

that is what I do?

I looked at a panny and forgot the model, my turn off was too blue but vivid may have been this one or not?

Like TCav says liten to his advice take your time?

My casio was a 400 plus camera I lucked out at just around 200 fits in my 5th pocket of the jeans that small one and works fime with me?

Shot with DMC-FX07 at 2007-08-06
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2007, 5:30 PM   #6

TOPIC: "I am going insane!"

When the proccess is complete you will be ready to enter the world of photography
tjsnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2007, 6:47 PM   #7

pmaw-

Amazon has the Fuji F-20 at $149. It has a full metal body and takes great photos.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2007, 10:33 AM   #8

TOPIC: "I am going insane!"

Why should you be different? :?

Being 'Normal' is being just as insane as everyone else. :angry:
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2007, 11:06 AM   #9

Ditto on go to the store. It depends on what physical size and optical zoom you want. Olympus has some well built pocket size cameras with 3x and the megapixel you're looking for in the 150 range and they seem to be built well. You need to pick them up and feel them.
esharri is offline   Reply With Quote