Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 7, 2007, 9:25 PM   #11

My apology if I offended you in any way and yes you did help me. I guess a little attempt at humor doesn't apply in this forum, I won't bother you again.
esharri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2007, 10:10 PM   #12

No, but thank you very much, esharri-

Dirty tricks and real very personal jabs at me, persoanally, are not at all appreciated under any circum,stances. I do not want to deal with you, eshharri,any more at all and that is final post to you. Please do not expect any further answers or postsfrom me. Thanks, I hope that you will understand when that you in particular,have really crossed a very sacred line. You may not think so, but I am personally deservingof some decorum, repect,and dignity, which you have not seen fitto show to me.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2007, 3:02 AM   #13

S3 is a great but at about $270 (street price), great camera with a lot of goodies. If money is not an issue, the S5 is a better camera. It was a larger (2.5") LCD screen, metallic tripod mount, hot shoe and 2 more mega pixels of resolution. The S5 is around $410 right now. Yes, it costs more but with the hot shoe, this the the closest camera to a DSLR. The capability of using an external flash give you more power and range in taking indoor pictures, not to mention that it speed up time between shots. The built in flash drains power from the battery thus affects the recording time when the picturre is saved. I would go for a S5.

mingsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2007, 8:58 AM   #14

mingsdad-

You are, of course, entirely correct. Now all we have to do is to wait 12 months until the price comes down to where we see the S-3 is today. The biggest feature, for me is the hotshoe, which considerably extends the usefulness of the camera indoors, as neither the S-3 or the S-5 are good at shooting in low light level environments.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote