Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 7, 2007, 2:23 PM   #1

Hello,

what is the different between FX and TZ model. And which one are better.

Thanks !

Guppies
guppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 7, 2007, 3:03 PM   #2

guppies-

Here is my experience. I have owned and use the Panasonic FZ-7, FZ-10, FZ-20, FZ-30, the TZ-1, TZ-2, and the LX-2. So I have more than a fair amount of Panny experience. They are good cameras and they do well outside. However, the become marginal in a low light shooting environment, where the ISO must be kept below ISO 200.

They can perform well providing you are willing to do some post processing and to keep the ISO set below ISO 200. Here is a low light level example from the FZ-7.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2007, 3:35 PM   #3

Thanks !

I think I am going for the Canon s3, The style is a little different than the Tz3 or the need FX33 and FX55 (which I personally like better). The FX33 and FX55 are selling in Japan right now for $ 361.00US and 378.81 US and the TZ3 is for around 271.40 US. The only draw back for me about the S3 maybe a little bit too big to put in my pocket ( I guess) I have to take a look at the real camera first on all of them before I do anything.

As you know I am looking at the Nikon d40/d80 (to start with). Since you answer all my posting ( I thank you very much) But I need to buy so time to make the right choice between d40 and d80.

This small camera is just a quick solution for this trip only. Later my Wife and my son to going to use it. Because they are not going to get near to my D40 or D80...lol

Guppies

P.s The reason I look at the TZ3. I read some review they say this camera have a auto Iso to adjust the shot. So I think is not a bad idea and I need a small camera with VR or IS function for my family member to use. I might be wrong but still have 36 Hrs to think about it...my lord.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 4:47 PM   #4

guppies-

The TZ-3 is a very good travel camera, while still remaining quite compact and pocketable. It does well outside in good light. Here is an outdoorsample.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Old Aug 7, 2007, 4:49 PM   #5

guppies-

Here is an indoor sample photo taken with the TZ-3.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Old Aug 8, 2007, 9:34 AM   #6

Thanks alot for your information. That help a lot.

I am going to get 2 camera now. I am getting a d40 kit camera for me to play around for now and if I need anymore lens. I will wait for me to come back and get it from state. And a tz3 or Fx55 (selling in Japan already around $ 349.00) or Fx33 up to my wife which one she like since she will the one using it later. I think she will pick something with a big screen, with auto IOS, IS or VR, small and if it come with face detection will be a bonus.

Guppies