Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 9, 2007, 1:28 PM   #1

Hi, i don't know what camera should i buy.
Anybody can help me?

Sorry for my english
pablomf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 9, 2007, 1:48 PM   #2

pablo-

A good number of TZ-3 users, myself included are not very happy with the TZ-3. I have attached an indoor, no flash, ISO 800 shot from the TZ-3 for your reference. It is the second photo.

If ultrazoom is your desire, it is tough to beat the high value, low price Canon S-3 IS. If size is a factor, then consider the Canon A-710IS. The first attached photo is a no flash, ISO 200 shot from the Canon A-710IS. With 6X optical zoom and a very small form factor, the A-710IS might just be perfect for you.

Sarah Joyce

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2007, 9:05 AM   #3

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
pablo-

A good number of TZ-3 users, myself included are not very happy with the TZ-3. I have attached an indoor, no flash, ISO 800 shot from the TZ-3 for your reference. It is the second photo
Quote:

If ultrazoom is your desire, it is tough to beat the high value, low price Canon S-3 IS. If size is a factor, then consider the Canon A-710IS. The first attached photo is a no flash, ISO 200 shot from the Canon A-710IS. With 6X optical zoom and a very small form factor, the A-710IS might just be perfect for you.

Sarah Joyce

MTclimber,

In all fairness, I'm not sure what small digicam, other than a Fuji F series, you should be using at ISO 800 with any regularity, if at all....certainly not the Canon S3is or A700is either.I'm not sure what you're trying to prove that most people don't already know incomparing an ISO 800 image fromone digicam to an ISO 200 image from anotherwhen most all other digicamswill give the same type performance. Regarding your first image....all the pictures of him you post, no matter the camera, alllook the same to me, and the other image is too small to even know what's "wrong" with it. Looking at itat the size you posted it, I have a feeling most would be happy with that image. Try shooting that first image at ISO 800 with your A700is and let us see how it looks.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2007, 10:19 AM   #4

Point well made, Greg-

Firstly, my husband is a most convenient subject, and one that I use fairly often. I am sorry for the that repetion. I know and understand that you like the TZ-3 a lot, just as you did your Olympus cameras. In fact, I have always admired your work.

It would be nice to see another couple of camera manufacturers produce cameras that excel in low light level environments.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 10, 2007, 12:51 PM   #5

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
Point well made, Greg-

Firstly, my husband is a most convenient subject, and one that I use fairly often. I am sorry for the that repetion. I know and understand that you like the TZ-3 a lot, just as you did your Olympus cameras. In fact, I have always admired your work.

It would be nice to see another couple of camera manufacturers produce cameras that excel in low light level environments.

Sarah Joyce
We all have our convenient subjects..for me, it ismuch to my cats disgust. He now runs and hides or turns his back on me and makes an awful noisewhen he sees a camera in my hands.

I've actually just finished liquidating most of my Olympus DSLRoutfit. I've kept the FL50 flash to use with my FZ50 and am down to two cameras...it and the TZ3. Ive just gotten to the point I'm tired of hauling it (a DSLR, period- not the Olympus in particular)around and, to be honest, I've just been impressed with what I've been able to do with these two.

Last week a bought a Fuji F40 for my daughter to take to college. Of course, before she took it I had to give it a spin and boy, I was impressed with it. It's perfect for her, but a little too limited in terms of focal length range andnot wide enough for me to want one for myself. I just hope Fuji didn't go too far in terms of megapixels with their newest, the F50.

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2007, 5:16 PM   #6

Hi Greg-

I'm sort of in your same position. I am really lightening the load myself. I carry just one DSLR with a short lens (18-125mm) and my Canon S-5. Its time to sell off some equipment, as well.

Sarah Joyce