Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:25 PM   #1

I have settled on the Canon d30. So where do I buy it from?? When I went to Retz camera the sales person seemed to be knowledgeable. The price was fixed and thay provide classes for new customers. My question is should I pay more for the camera at Ritz and get free instructions on my new D30? Or should I buy on the internet? I was thinking on buying the body only at Ritz and getting all the lens on the net. Is this a good plan? Should I do it differently? One other question. If you had to start out with one or two real good lens for sports and macro what brand and what size would get? Thank you for your help.

Bob
no time is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:31 PM   #2

Bob-

Is there a hurry to this purchase? Canon is due to make an announcement sometime around 08/21 that will announce among other cameras, a repacement for the Canon 30D to be called the 40D.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 1:08 PM   #3

No Hurry. I saw that posted so I can wait. Any idea what the cost would be for the new model? Where can I find more info on the D40? Do you think 8-21-07 is a good date? That should bring the cost down. Thanks for the reminder Sarah.

Bob
no time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 1:12 PM   #4

Bob-

You are correct with the introduction of the Canon 40D, the prices on the Canon 30D will probably drop over time. It just might save some $$. Most of the info I have seen is on dpreviews' Canon Forum.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote