Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 4, 2007, 9:27 PM   #11

I tried, says I can't have it shipped to the US...Dang it! Oh well.
Contriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2007, 9:27 PM   #12

I tried, says I can't have it shipped to the US...Dang it! Oh well.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 10:13 PM   #13

Contriver-

I really do not understand why the Tri-State offer to which robbo supplied the link, did not work for you. It worked perfectly for me. Would you like to purchase a Fuji F-31fd camera? Please drop me a PM. So we now know rather conclusively that the supply of Fuji F-31fd cameras are disappearing rather rapidly, like almost instantly.

Many thanks to robbo for the link, it really worked perfectly.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2007, 10:42 PM   #14

Hey Sarah,
Actually I didn't try robbo's link. I've already seenthe camera on Buy.com for the same price, but I'd rather not spend that much. I do appreciate the heads up Robbo in any case! That seems to be the cheapiest this camera can be had forat this point in time.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 12:35 AM   #15

Contriver-

Please read carefully the PM that I just sent to you. Telling you that the Fuji F-31fd will gradually become very/much more scare, and therefore considerably higher in price in the short term, and even considerably higher in the long term..

Sarah Joyce
Old Nov 23, 2009, 5:16 PM   #16

The good low light shooters are out there if you're patient. I recently bought on eBay a brand new still in the never opened box F20 and an F31fd, $159 and $329 respectively. I also bought a mint condition F30 with a ton of accessories for $250. Look and be patient and you will find what you're looking for.
hftone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2009, 5:41 PM   #17

hftone-

Welcome to the Forum. We're glad you dropped by.

hftone you are correct, if one is very patient, over time, you will be able to snag, one or several, of these older, high ISO capable cameras. Perhaps it takes more patience that some are willing to expend.

Have a great day and a Happy Thanksgiving.

Sarah Joyce
Old Nov 23, 2009, 8:21 PM   #18

Default You can get these cameras even now, but...

I had the Fuji F20. I have also had the F50fd and F100fd. The F31 was available refurbished probably two years ago at a very reasonable $219.
The F20, I got for $119 last year refurbished. The F40fd (same as F45fd) was being sold for something like $89 at newegg refurbished this past summer. However, for the same money as you would spend for an F31, I think you could get an F200exr or an F70exr. No, they don't have the manual settings of the older cameras. They may not have the battery life,either. However, in their 6 megapixel low light settings, I think they are very close in image quality to those older cameras. And they have some advantages, too, among them optical image stabilization. The F200exr is selling for less than $300 online. The F70exr is approaching $200 online.
Check out the reviews on this site and others and compare the images before you plunk down your money for a very good camera from 3 years ago.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote