Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 17, 2007, 8:26 PM   #51

Good luck with it.

And come back an show us what you will have done.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2007, 9:31 PM   #52

mtclimber wrote:

Sarah,

Thanks a lot for your quick response.
Quote:
While it is a good way to totall dicharge the capicators in the camera's built-in flash it is not very realistic at all.

In actually field shooting conditions, I have found the S-5IS's built-in flash is read for another photo in 2 to 3 seconds at the most.
Your clarification on the real world vs. the test world gives me more comfort about what to expect if I do actually get the S5IS. I had a small 3MP Canon Powershot that took ages for the flash to recharge (about 8 secs) in real world use which influenced my thinking on the S3 and, now, the S5.

Your tutorial on the use of a flash was very, very informative. Now I know how to soften the effects of flash on people's faces. This is something, as you said, that you can do almost only with an external flash.

Time for me to do a little more discerning on whether I should replace with Z612 with the S5.

Thanks again for the guidance.

Gary (Bayani)
bayani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2007, 2:38 AM   #53

Good luck with your camera dm67
And as you said, all those cameras are very competent so doesn't matter very much whitch one you choose, as long as it fits your needs.
sebastianr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2007, 2:49 AM   #54

David, congratulations! Enjoy your new Fuji.
You haven't mentioned buying it, but it's a very good idea to get a couple of sets of high capacity NiMH rechargeable batteries (2500 mAh or higher will do nicely) and a camera bag.
I used to get about 300 shots from a single charge with 2600 mAh batteries. Alkaline batteries aren't good - you will get about 50-60 shots from a set.
Best regards,
Alex
algold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2007, 4:15 PM   #55

The camera arrived today!!!

I see I have a lot of learning to do! :-). But here are a few photos I took.

This is the very fist photo out of the box with Automode. Resized with the finepixviewer, 1280X960. I see where the photo is over-bright with the auto mode and the white door frame causing some extra reflection? Hopefully the picture uploads correctly.
Attached Images

dm67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2007, 4:18 PM   #56

Another one out of auto mode....will have to check the settings... But I see how the hood gets in the way with the flash. Also resized.
Attached Images

Old Sep 22, 2007, 4:22 PM   #57

Two more so I do not fill up this thread with photos that may be wrong formatting for the forums.

This one is the same as above with cropped and resized a bit to remove the shadow. I noticed a star in Molly's eye.

Attached Images

Old Sep 22, 2007, 4:30 PM   #58

Last one....same as above but with a bit of saturation from the finepix software. There is a bit more distiction between the browns in RL for Molly's coat than the previous pictures show. Not sure if this is closer but I also have to learn PP as well. Or make sure the setup of the camera is right. :-) BTW....she is a red Doberman, we have two. As I get more familiar with the camera I will post in the other forums. Any advice/thoughts where I should start my learning process they would be welcome. Thanks!!

Attached Images

Old Sep 22, 2007, 7:53 PM   #59

Thanks for posting some photos. We're happy that you are happy with the Fuji S-6000 camera. Have a great day!

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote