Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 9, 2007, 11:33 AM   #1

I have been looking at the Fujifilm S700/S5700 I know the S700 is for US but what is the differance between the 2? Right now I have a Canon S3IS that I am not crazy about just a bunch of little things, I had a Fujifilm S6000FD that I really liked but the zoom range was not enough so I thought the S700/S5700 would be better.
vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 9, 2007, 11:51 AM   #2

vett-

Welcome to the Forum. Please take a look in the Fuji folder and you will see that we have a very active group of S-700 users there, and they have posted many excellent S-700 photos. The Fuji S-700 (USA model) and the S-5700 (asia, europe, and africa) are exactly the same camera.

The zoom range of the S-700 ranges from 38 to 380mm (in 35mm terms) thus the S-700 is only 80mm longer in zoom capability. That is a very small increase. It is only about only 2X longer than the Fuji S-6000. You might be happier with a somewhat longer zoom. The newly introduced Panasonic FZ-18 has IS and a zoom range of 28 to 504mm, giving you a wide angle as well as considerably more zoom which is your desire.

I am not downing the S-700, I own one, rather I am attempting to be sensitive to your desire for significantly more or added zoom capability.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2007, 11:55 AM   #3

Thank you Sarah, I will take a look at the Panasonic also'

Fred
Old Sep 13, 2007, 4:47 PM   #4

Is the Fugi S700 ok for a beginner that knows nothing about digital cameras. I am in need of a camera that can take pictures for ebay, but also that I can use for my family. I have never used anything but a point and shoot 35mm.

Thank you
samkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2007, 5:21 PM   #5

I wouldsay yes, I just got it yesterday and I like it (belive it or not ) better than my Canon S3Is. Very simple to use.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 5:29 PM   #6

Vett-

You are very correct. The fuji S-700 is an amazingly easy to use camera. I have used it many times for e-bay photos and it does a gret job.

I am sure you will like the S-700 camera a lot.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2007, 1:40 PM   #7

Yes Like I said I like it beter tahn my S3Is I even think the pictures come out as good or better. I also use it for ebay.