Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 17, 2007, 3:55 PM   #21

TCav wrote:
Quote:
Post some, and let's see what happened.
Will do when I get a chance this week... I also took tons of pictures over the weekend of cars on an autocross course and was more impressed by my pics with the 70-200mm lens vs. the 17-55mm lens. Even so, it looks like I needed faster shutter speeds on the majority of my pictures.
snowairg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2007, 9:57 PM   #22

Snowy-

Why not just go with the Nikon D-40 and the one lens solution, the renowned Nikon 18-200mmVR coupled with the Nikon 70-300mmVR, yes, a second lens, just in case you need more zoom. Put the D-40 into auto ISO, and go for it! That would solve your problems.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2007, 5:07 PM   #23

So I ended up ordering the Pentax K100D with the kit lens and also added the 50-200mm lens. Basically it's the same $800+ setup I was borrowing with the D40x except now I get in-camera IS and AF motor and lower noise (thanks to the 6 MP sensor instead of 10) for under $550! Not to mention a selection of lenses that I think will offer me better bang for my buck than the same Nikon/Canon version. I bought the 50-200mm lens for now due to the $100 rebate available, but may sell it to get something like an 18-250 or 70-300... We shall see!

The only thing I liked better about the Nikon than the Pentax (during my limited physical review of the camera) was the Nikon shutter sounds more pleasing to me. I'm sure I'll get used to the K100D sound in no time and will be very pleased with my money-saving purchase!

Thanks again everyone for your comments and suggestions. I'm sure I'll be around with plenty more to come!
snowairg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2007, 11:23 PM   #24

Don't hesitate to ask any specific K100 question on the Pentax dSLR portion of this board. We're a friendly lot and the only dumb question is the one you don't ask. We've all asked everything else at one time or the other, and love to share our opinions.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote