Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 17, 2007, 5:42 PM   #1

Hi

this is my first post on this forum. I have owned a easyshare 5MP digital camera before but I now need a new camera and after a brief comparing I come to the conclusion that the D40 was in the right price range for me(not including objective this might change the price range in favor of some other camera).

I'm mainly going to use the camera for indoor/outdoor pictures of family members/enviroment but I would also be happy if it could take good pictures of the nature etc.

I prefer strong colors, is D40 a good beginner camera? I know absolutely nothing about taking pictures with cameras more advanced than digitalcameras....
Grandpatzer2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 17, 2007, 6:56 PM   #2

Grandpatzer-

The nikon D-40 is an excellent choice for your first DSLR camera. Its in camera processing produces vivid colors and photos that need very little post processing. It is for that very reason that many folks transitioning from point and shoot cameras have chosen the Nikon D-40.

The second reason is because Nikon offers an excellent one lens solution in the high quality Nikon 18-200mmVR lens. This saves changing from one lens to another and produces great photos that are really "keepers."

Here are two photo samples. The first is an informal portrait taken with the D-40. The second is an overhead shot of a De Haviland Otter float plane.

Sarah Joyce

An informal D-40 Portrait:

An overhead De Haviland Otter float plane

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2007, 8:25 PM   #3

grandpatzer-

If you would like to go just one step further, here is a photo (not mine) taken with the Nikon D-80 camera and the Nikon 18-135mm kit lens.

Sarah Joyce

Old Sep 19, 2007, 4:18 AM   #4

I actually thought you were talking about the Canon 40D, my bad, but this camera is an amazing camera, esp, and considering it's in a series from the 10D, about 7 years ago.

But if it's a good digital point and shoot, Canon just accounced and released the G9! The "G" series cameras alos have an EXREMELY excellent track record. Several of the "G" series models have been named number one in many categories, many times. This camera is also, "easy to use", and with all this room to grow, I have called all the "G" series camera, the "step down", or throw down camera from my 10D. I have usually mentioned to friends that having the G9 is like having Canon's digital SLR, but without the added expense of lenses, ect.

If you'd like more information or to Chat, e-mail me at [email protected]
iSAPS Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2007, 9:21 PM   #5

iSAPS-

Yes, Indeed your are very correct. It is a "your bad" kind of thing. The OP is asking about a DSLR camera, so probably a point & shoot such as the Canon (Yes, I know your favorite Brand) G-7 and G-9 are really not really/or even quite applicable. It shows you what happens when you barge in without reading the thread!

Sarah Joyce