Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 21, 2007, 4:21 AM   #1

which is the worth one to buy help me very much confused
sankpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 21, 2007, 8:31 AM   #2

I don't own either camera but in my view the IS of the S3 makes it the more desireable of the two.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2007, 9:40 AM   #3

sankpal-

In my case I do own both cameras. Both a very good cameras. However, please keep in mind that the Fuji S-700 (its name here in the USA, while in the rest of the world this camera is known as the S-5700) is an entry level camera that has a conventional Sony manufactured CCD that is not a high ISO capable like the imager used on the S-6000 and the F-series cameras and has a len with a maximum aperture of F 3.5 rather than the more common maximum aperture F 2.8 lens that is used on the Canon S-3IS. The S-700 also does not have any IS, or image stabilization.

On the other hand, the S-3 IS is manufactured to be sold as upper level point and shoot camera. It has an excellent video clip mode with stero sound, a 12x optical zoom lens, rather than the 10X optical zoom found on the S-700, an excellent IS system, and it is generally regarded as one of the better ultrazooms in it class.

If the decision where mine, and based upon shooting experience with both cameras, I would unhestiatingly select the Canon S-3 IS. Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2007, 4:05 AM   #4

thanks a lot!

i had got replies cos i was not knowing that weather the comparision of S700 and S3 Is is proper or not so that i cant the proper replies or not...

how about the conversion lens in S3 Is will it be able to extentable can i fit a bigger capacity lens after some time?
Old Sep 22, 2007, 10:35 AM   #5

sankpal-

At www.lensmateonline.com you will find both lens adapters for the Canon S-3 IS and a good variety of supplementary lenses. Have a great day!

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2007, 9:36 PM   #6

thanks sarah..

bythe link provided by u i came to know about the types and compatibility of adapters and lenses...

some more replies on this topic from u and others will be appreciated, will make me more confident and improve my knowledge

thanks!

Old Sep 24, 2007, 10:10 PM   #7

sankpal,

If budget is not too much of a concern, if you are looking at the S3, you might want to look at the S5IS with the new Digic III. And the hot shoe that allows the attachment of an external flash that is synchronized with the camera is a very big plus, specially if you like taking photos of people and taking indoor shots.

Gary
bayani is offline   Reply With Quote