Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 15, 2007, 5:53 AM   #1

Hi ,
I am planning to buy a Digi Camera in the range of 250 $ to 320 $. Please suggest me the best possible options.
Also suggest me which one is the best brand ( Sony/Canon/Nikon/Kodak... ) in terms of picture quality and which one gives best pictures in
- Night Vision
- Moving State

Regds
Pradeep
pkgibm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 15, 2007, 8:52 AM   #2

You need to tell us more about what kind of pictures you want to take with this camera. What is your experience with digital cameras so far?
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2007, 9:20 AM   #3

Good luck with the "night vision" part of your requirements....digicams rarely dothat well, and the ONE that does (Fuji F series) does notexactly have the best featuredbodies or zoom ranges, and most of themuse the worsttype flash card (xd) you could be forced to use.

If you want good low-light, high ISOperformance, and this also pertains to capturing good images with movement, you need to buy a DSLR with GOOD lenses...not the slowkitglass everyone sells with their relatively low cost consumer models.

While your message is short, you are looking for a lot for the price you quote....probably more than you'll be able to find.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2007, 10:46 PM   #4

Hi
Thanks for your comments/suggestions

Basically, i will be happy to get a relatively good quality of picture than general low end cameras ... ( may be analog or digital )

what might be useful for me is that which is the best possible camera in the price range i have mentioned as i want to buy the camera within a week's time. Please suggest me some model numbers.
pkgibm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2007, 7:30 PM   #5

Still, your request is vague. Is 3X optical zoom enough? Do you want a superzoom?

If you want a superzoom, I recommend the Fuji S6000fd for low light shots and the Panasonic FZ-8 or Canon S3 IS for daytime shots. The cheapest of the three is the Panasonic.

I think all the camera makers you mentioned make decent cameras. If you can be more specific about your needs, people can provide more useful advice.

Are you buying this camera in the US or elsewhere? I ask this because prices vary widely in different countries.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2007, 11:06 PM   #6

Honestly for night verion or night time pictures I can't think of any camera in your price range that will do a good job. Try the Fuji F series or S-9100 (with a good sunpack hot shoe flash of course) which will be around $500

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote