Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 12, 2007, 12:03 PM   #11

You can use sites like photobucket to host the image(s), then you can cut and past the image code in toyour reply.

Unlike almost all forums out there, you can also upload them to Steve's Froums sever. Look HERE
billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2007, 12:36 PM   #12

http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n...mps/Australia/

try that link, 4 of Melbourne, 4 of Sydney taken on my A620, really stunning results I felt for a small pocket camera, and testament to why I want to buy another Powershot

guygamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2007, 1:47 PM   #13

Here is how it looks if you copy the "[IMG]" code from photobucket.

Great shots. Those three are my favs.

Take care.
billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2007, 3:13 AM   #14

Thanks for the positive comment about the shots, much appreciated..
Old Nov 14, 2007, 6:02 AM   #15

I went in to a local photo store yesterday and handled a 720 IS for myself. Have to say it felt cheap and lightweight compared to the A620. not that this is ALL bad, being slight more compact and lighter whilst not loosing features is in part desirable and some of the lightness just comes from the fact it runs on 2 AAs as opposed to 4. But still it doesn't have the quality feel that I am was used to, and just when i thought I had decided on the A720, I find myself thinking about the A650 again. The shop didn't have the A650 in stock though to handle.

Also I was quite surprised that to turn on/off Face Detect I had to go in the set-up menu, it is there as an autofocus option which I guess is not surprising but I was hoping that option had been moved from camera setup toolbox area to the menu display duing normal shooting. Didn't see where you turn on/off Image Stabilisation, or is just on the whole time.

Guy
Old Nov 14, 2007, 7:26 AM   #16

Have you handled the A570IS? It's small but has a good feel. Also, I think its image quality is very similar to the A720IS.
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2007, 9:54 PM   #17

The A650 has not only more pixels than the other cameras mentioned above but it has also a larger 1/1.7" sensor while the others have only a standard 1/2.5" sensor. This is much more important for image quality than the number of pixels (all the above cameras have too many). In addition the A650 like its predecessors has a nice flip out display. Thus for me the choice would be obvious.
kassandro is offline   Reply With Quote