Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 24, 2007, 3:33 AM   #1

i have a 30d, but wanted something to carry around that also shoots good quality videos and allows zoom to be used while i shoot 'em. i have a fuji S9100, but i'm thinking I'd rather have electronic zoom as my zooming just isn't very smooth no matter how hard i work at it.

so i thought of the S5 because it allows zooming during videos, and vid quality rocks. i figured i could live with a little noise in the pics, and hopefully noise ninja would help me sort that out. but i'm seeing a fair bit of purple and red fringing in some of the sample pics.

i was wondering if S5 users or owners are having a lot of CA pop up during regular use, and if there's a (relatively) easy to to fix it.

or if there's a camera with similar features to the S5 with less CA...

anyone?
pcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 24, 2007, 9:56 AM   #2

I have not found CA to be a huge problem on the Canon S-5. It is there, and it does ocassionally pop up, but it is well controlled. Through experience I have found that keeping the ISO at 200 and below yields much better image quality. I also like the hotshoe and use the Canon EX-430 on it. That also allows me to keep the ISO at lower levels while still getting a bit extra flash range, as well as using bounce flash.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2007, 2:56 PM   #3

thank you - that's very helpful
pcake is offline   Reply With Quote