Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 24, 2007, 9:54 AM   #1

Hi;
I am new to photography and is stuck between two seemibgly similar camera's.I am not looking for a DSLR since I am  ot an expert and no budget.Consid ering the specs  nd others I am i  a dilemma betwe en two similar m dels 
Olympus SP-560UZ Digital Camera and Fujifilm FinePix S8000fd.The Olympus i  more expensive  by about $40.Oth r than that all  he specs are sim ilar.What do u s ggest that I buy I mean are there  any thing else  hat differentiat s these two seem ingly similar ca eras?

PS:This is my fi st post.Please f rgive for any mi stakes.
Kind Regards

RAMBO29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 24, 2007, 5:04 PM   #2

Welcome to the Forum! I am sorry to learn that your space bar/key seems to be inoperative. The cameras you have listed are ultra zoom cameras and not DSLR cameras that have interchangeable lenses. If you budget is tight, they might be a good alternative. However, the ultrazooms are really not a feature for feature substuition for a true DSLR camera.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2007, 8:59 PM   #3

Good observation Sarah!

Rambo,

I would definitely buy the Fuji, and with the $40 you save, buy a new keyboard for your computer.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2007, 9:34 PM   #4

I had the SP-550 and now have the 560. I think the 560 is a better camera than the 550 - faster focusing, sharper images, a few extra features including face recognition. However, I don't think these two cameras(SP-560 and S8000fd)are all that different. I agree with the Hun - get the Fuji and use the money you save for a new keyboard.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2007, 10:29 PM   #5

its not a spacing problem, its a font problem as a result of copy_paste(check the spacing in the words, theres no spacing)

if you are new to photography, these two cameras are sort of stuck between compact digital cameras and dSLRs.... what is your budget?
qweqwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2007, 10:52 PM   #6

Hey
Sorry the font suddenly changed last time and trying to revert it back didn't work,then copied the whole thing to notepad and changed font and pasting back didn't work.Sorry.

As for the cameras there is apromotion in here with a big discount and feature wise these seemed the best.I am not a photographer though like photography.I can't afford a DSLR and moreover the camera with lens is beyond my budget.That's the reason for not choosing the DSLR.

SO every one suggest the Fuji?

Kind Regards

Old Nov 25, 2007, 7:55 AM   #7

The two cameras are EXTREMELY similar.....so much so that there has been some speculation that they share a joint development history. There are a few minor differences in the specs, and they tend to favor the Fuji. So, with the Fuji having a price advantage, I would think it's the better choice.
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2007, 8:54 AM   #8

Hi all;
Thanks for the valuable inputs,I will stick with the Fuji until some one else has a better reason.Will buy probably this week.

Thanks again.

Old Nov 25, 2007, 10:06 AM   #9

Rambo,

You presented us with a choice between two cameras..."What do u sug gest that I buy?" Given the choice between those two, I would choose the Fuji. However, maybe neither camera is right for you. Since you are new to photography and not an expert, maybe you should tell us what types of pictures you would be interested in taking - portraits, wildlife, family, landscapes, closeups, sports, action, etc. What conditions - indoor, outdoor, natural light, flash, sunrise, sunset, etc. Is camera size a consideration? Have you actually handled either cam? Have you handled any other digital cameras?

Let us know.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote