Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 26, 2007, 6:30 PM   #1

One thing that I hate about my old digicam i had was you have to do that thing where you hold the button down halfway then click when it beeps...

What camera out there takes the fastest pictures? Is there one that you just push once and it snaps? Preferably one of the pocket sized ones.

Thanks for any insight.... also is there a Specification name that this describes that is listed with the tech specs?

sizzla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 26, 2007, 6:38 PM   #2
Administrator

That's the preferred method for making sure you've got a focus lock (half press and wait for a confirmation) before pressing the shutter button the rest of the way down.

That also allows you to prefocus on your subject (since the Autofocus is what takes the most time), then wait until the moment is just right before pressing it the rest of the way down.

But, most cameras are not going to take a photo without a focus lock anyway (so, a full press will usually work fine). Just expect a bit more delay versus prefocusing first (it still has to focus).

If you read the review conclusions (last page before the sample images in each review), Steve goes into details like Autofocus Speed and Shutter lag, cycle time between images and more.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2007, 6:45 PM   #3

Thanks... I just found a post where I asked the same question two years ago and was seeing if there was any kind of technology change.

Any recommendations on a camera for <$200 and is small? I bought a 4mp Canon ELPH a while ago that was stolen a couple years ago so im considering similar...

This will just be used at clubs/party's/bars/family gatherings etc... sick of just haivng Cell Phone 1megapixel photos lol...and when i hit the photo button on cell phone by the time it takes the picture people move or whatever... lol

sizzla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2007, 6:53 PM   #4
Administrator

I'd start out your search with models in Steve's Best Cameras List

These cameras are considered to be a good value within their market niche.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2007, 2:23 PM   #5

cameras without motorized lens , like Kodak C530 - suits for you.
some - even not have mecanical shutter and this - limited only by sensors and IC.
in "near $200 category" - closest - Kodak Z812(but not in LONG butst(because in today's cam's - nuffer - laughable small))

p.s. i use a lot of them - from first (VGA-res) digicams to todays analog and take a beautifly crisp shots sometimes.
[img]chrome://piclens/content/launch.png[/img][img]chrome://piclens/content/launch.png[/img][img]chrome://piclens/content/launch.png[/img][img]chrome://piclens/content/launch.png[/img]
SkyShoot is offline   Reply With Quote