Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 15, 2007, 10:08 PM   #1

I'm back in the market looking for a replacement for our Fuji Finepix S5000. It's primarily my wife's camera and she's happy with it but there are a couple of things that we'd like to have. Since many of the photos she takes are of birds and other critters we'd like a camera with less shutter-lag than the S5000. Too many of our pictures turn out to be great shots of where the bird was instead of pictures of thebird! :sad: We'd like at least 10x zoom and IS, also! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! TIA!
gpaulv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 16, 2007, 2:36 AM   #2

The Fuji S6000 has shorter shutter lag and great low light performance.

The Panasonic FZ-18 has 18X optical zoom and decent shutter lag, but isn't so good in low light.

The fastest superzoom digicam that I have used is the Fuji S5200, which is barely being sold anymore.

If your budget is $700 to $800, there are a number of DSLR's that you could get with 70 - 300 mm zoom lens that might combine to give you a very short shutter lag and decent image quality.

robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 7:12 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply! If I could scrape together that kind of money do you have any suggestions as to models that would fill the bill? Thanks, again!
gpaulv is offline   Reply With Quote