Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 23, 2007, 1:18 AM   #1

I´d like to buy a new camera,I got an old Canon A85, that give me a lot of very very good pictures, and a good videos, I compare it with my friends compact cameras, Olimpus, Nikon, Sony and Panasonic, and I always prefer my Canon, because all the posibilites of Manual settings, the quality of the print pictures, the good colours, the sharpeness of the pics. I love take photographs of EVERYTHINGS, Persons, Babies, Flowers, Macro, landscapes; foods; things; I use the manual settings (Av-Tv) but i´m only amateur, so I don´t want a DSLR (Also, I don´t want to carry lens and flashes)

I very like the Canon 5SI but I read about problems at High ISO, really I do not use High ISO on my pictures, because I´d prefer to change Av or Tv, maybe I´m wrong?? It got a very got video options, I like it; and I´m very familiar with the menu and settings. I read about other options like Sony H9 ( The H7 don´t have the movil LCD screen) Olimpus SP-560, Panasonic FZ18 o FZ50.

I need some advices very soon, cause I´m going to the MAchu Picchu in a few days and Ilike to take my new Camera!!!

Thanks foryour help....

Ani
Anidc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 23, 2007, 1:24 AM   #2

Sorry for my english I´m From Argentina
Anidc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2007, 8:49 AM   #3

Your old Canon didn't have the option of high ISO (only went up to 400), so keeping your S5 below that shouldn't create a problem for you.

You like your old Canon, so stick with Canon. The S5 offers a lot of advantages over your A85...do it.

Post your best 3 pictures of Machu Picchu (taken with your S5, of course) when you get back.

Your English is fine.

Have a great trip.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2007, 1:29 PM   #4

For pictures get the FZ18, for video get the canon.
richwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2007, 3:07 AM   #5

Yo te recomendaria que le des una mirada a la Canon A650is (o G9) también.

Besito!

Lila

Lila is offline   Reply With Quote