Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 18, 2008, 12:10 PM   #1

I'm going to have troubles being specific, so I apologize. This is the first time purchasing a camera for me. I've stuck to using friends before, but with trips coming up I've decided I need to purchase one. One I've taken a look at is the Samsung NV11. It seems good to me, but I still don't know much about it. Has anyone purchased this and enjoyed it? Any problems?

I would mostly need it for different events and trips. It probably wouldnt be used for many actions shots. Though, if needed at times, it would be great if the camera could turn out some quality shots with motion.

Anyone has any cameras to recommend? Thanks for all help. If you have any questions, feel free to ask away.
guide is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 18, 2008, 9:54 PM   #2

As on a time schedule to leave soon, I need to order a camera asap. I don't mean to rush or be rude - but anyone know anything on the Samsung NV11? By the way, image quality is very important to me. One without a big shutter lag would be nice.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 7:50 AM   #3

Most reviews on the Samsung NV11 are positive. While its list price is high, it's available at big discounts. However, at the same price there are other cameras that are more widely praised, such as the Canon SD 850IS or SD 870IS.
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 6:02 PM   #4

Thanks - how much of a difference does it make from the samungs 10,1 megapixels to the 8 for the canon cameras?
Though it looks like the stabilizer is better on the Canon PowerShot SD850 IS. How much of a difference would the 5X optical zoom on samsung vs the 4 for canon cause? Would I benefit from going with the canon or are they about the same?