Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 11, 2008, 9:44 PM   #1

Need some advice please.. Have used Canon Rebel for a few years. Someone stole my camera and cloths and a few other things after I checked my luggage at tne airport this Sunday, March 9th. Need a new camera. How does the Canon Rebel XTI compare to the rebel xt? Thanks. Will purchase new camera next week. Bad day all around. I used this board many times but just registered with new ID. Old one did not work. Thanks.
photo7045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 12, 2008, 10:10 AM   #2
Administrator

Send me a PM with the original member name, along with the e-mail address you may have been using when you first registered it, and I can probably fix it for you.

As for the XTi versus the XT, if you read through Steve's review, it goes into some of the differences. For example:

Quote:
The third generation Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi SLR takes everything found in its predecessors and improves the resolution to 10.1-megapixels, provides a more responsive 9-point AF system, adds a large 2 1/2-inch LCD monitor, and incorporates the Picture Style image processing controls first introduced on the Canon EOS-1D Mark II N and 5D.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2006_.../rebelxti.html

I think the biggest improvement that many people would care about is Autofocus Speed and reliability (Canon incorporated the same AF system found in the EOS-30D into the new XTi). So, if you do a lot of low light or sports type shooting, you may appreciate the improvements in this area.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2008, 2:50 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I noticed a few changes and it looks like it may be my option. I like the canon cameras.
photo7045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2008, 3:00 PM   #4
Administrator

Check your e-mail and you should see a link to reset the password for your original member name.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote