Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 13, 2008, 4:33 PM   #1

I am a Realtor and presently "stich" 2 pictures to get the widest possible shot, is there a reg digicam that can do that. I only need 5 meg at the most.

RogerV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 13, 2008, 6:31 PM   #2

I believe many cameras have a stitch feature. I know mine do (Canon A720IS and A570IS).
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2008, 7:30 PM   #3

There are still a number of Kodak P-880 cameras out there that offer a great/true 24mm wide angle lens. When coupled with the Kodak P-20 Flash it makes a great combination.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2008, 9:20 AM   #4

RogerV wrote:
Quote:
I am a Realtor and presently "stich" 2 pictures to get the widest possible shot, is there a reg digicam that can do that. ...
If you mean a camera that can get the image in one shot, there are various systems and lenses that can do that - several providing a full 360 shot. See Steve's review at http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_...0one_mod3.html

If you mean can other cameras be used to stitch, the answer is yes. In fact all cameras can be used though the ones that allow you to freeze the settings (exposure, white balance) will make stitching much easier. The most common way that is done is with either manual settings or a dedicated panorama mode.

Browsing in the Panorama software forum a ways down the list here will provide more information.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote