Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 17, 2008, 8:46 PM   #1

Like a lot of other folks, I have been looking to REDUCE the size of my digital camera. I wanted something that fit nicely into my purse without taking up a whole lot of space. I have happily used the Sony H-2 for several years with great success.

But it was time for a real change. At the suggestion of my local camera retailer, I tried the new Sony H-3. It is a decidedly smaller camera that fits nicely into my purse. It is also very sharp as befits a Sony manufactured Zeiss lens. It is quite easy to use and it produces great family photos.

I have attached a sample photo from the new Sony H-3 camera. You might want to look at it. It is an 8mp/10X Optical Zoom camera that deserves more recognition.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 17, 2008, 10:17 PM   #2

If you don't mind me asking, how many cameras do you currently own and how would you rank your top 5 (limited to the ones you use on a regular basis)?
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2008, 12:16 PM   #3

Andy-

I teach digital cameras and have written 4 books on digital cameras.Therefore, I have more than a few digital cameras that I use for my classes. In short, when you are doing a DSLR workshop, you pull out the needed cameras to demonstrate with, as needed.

Top five cameras in my group: Canon 20D, Fuji S-6000, Sony H-2, Olympus 2100UZ, and the Kodak 6490. Each of those cameras were a triumph in their own time. And yes, I still have fun using those cameras and they all work well.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2008, 6:08 PM   #4

Thanks for the information. I was hoping to see some more recent cameras.
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote