Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 22, 2008, 3:39 PM   #1

Hello,

I'm new. I need help. I currently have a Kodak EasyShare C310 that doesn't work very well. Its 4 megapixels. I like to go to concerts and take pictures and I'd love to get one that would put out quality pictures. I would like one with a lot of megapixels and different modes.

My other dilemma is batteries. I have some rechargeable duracell ones. I put the charger in over night and when I wake up and stick them in the camera, it shuts off. What would be the best batteries to get? Or should I not bother at all with batteries? Help. Thanks.
countrymusicfan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 22, 2008, 5:29 PM   #2

countrymusicfan-

Taking good photo at a concert is very difficult. DSLR cameras can handle them but they are also very expensive ($(US) 1,000+) to get a good camera and lens combination that could realistically handle the low light levels found at a concert.

Among point and shoot cameras that are less expensive, the Fuji cameras seem to lead in their high ISO capability. You might want to take a look at the Fuji F-20 or F-40 models. The Fuji F-50 is new so the prices are still fairly high.

Sarah Joyce

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2008, 5:57 PM   #3

I have a C310 too. I find that some times I have turn it on and off twice to get it to power up after changing the batteries. Are they Duracell NiMH batteries or the recharge Duracell Alkaline type?

The Fuji F line of cameras are pretty good at lower light levels. They would be better than the C310. The F40fd is dropping in price. The F50fd will probably be dropping in price too once the new F100fd comes out.
dr_spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2008, 6:34 PM   #4

To answer your question Dr. Spock, the batteries I have are the Duracell NiMH. So do you suggest the Fuji cameras? My main concern is if I get one I will have trouble with it, and I'd want to return it. I really don't want that to happen.
Old Mar 22, 2008, 8:08 PM   #5

countrymuicfan-

If you ordered the camera from www.amazon.com you would have a 30 trial period where you could return the camera with no restockig fee. Any Fuji camera has a one year warranty on it. The other option would be to purchase an extended warranty that would cover the camera up to 4 years.

Sarah Joyce
Old Mar 24, 2008, 10:49 PM   #6

How would this one be:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1184767921625
Old Mar 24, 2008, 11:12 PM   #7

Remember, when you're taking pictures at a concert, your flash will be useless if the stage is more than 10 feet away. You'll have to turn off your flash and increase the ISO and/or increase the size of the aperture and/or decrease the shutter speed to get a decent picture. To do this you'll probably need a camera with manual controls.
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2008, 12:01 AM   #8

countrymusicfan-

Andy has given you some really excellent advice.

Sarah Joyce