Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 9, 2008, 3:26 PM   #1

I am looking for a new Digital Camera approx. 8 mp and small in size that provides quick and easy options for naming the picture files before they are downloaded. I will be doing a lot of documenting of minor architectural changes to approximately 20 different buildings and need to be able tochange the file name to match a corresponding document. I would prefer to do it in the camera, not after the pictures are downloaded to the computer. There will be several people taking these pictures so it is important that this change of name be straight forward and easy. Thank you for any help you can give.
KCS Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 9, 2008, 3:38 PM   #2

KCS Jim wrote:
Quote:
...There will be several people taking these pictures so it is important that this change of name be straight forward and easy. ...
:-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-)
:lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol:
:-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-)
:lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol::-):lol:

I'd attach a notepad and a pento the sholderstrap, and have people take notes on what photos they took, along withthe date and time. I think that will be easier and more accurate than having mulitple users trying to rename files in the camera.

That is, unless someone knows of a camera that you can attach a keyboard to.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2008, 3:42 PM   #3

Yeah, there aren't any cameras that allowyou to change the names for each picture.

I think at one point Kodak had cameras that let you save pics to differnt albums within the camera, but I don't know if they still have this feature.

And, what TCav said.
brokenbokeh is offline   Reply With Quote