||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|May 6, 2008, 12:15 PM||#1|
Join Date: May 2008
i'm looking for a good pocket camera before i go on vaca this year one i can keep in my purse. i need it to do well in auto because a lot of people will be using it i want at least 5x zoom but i don't need a superzoom.
* What budget have you allocated for buying this camera? Please be as specific as possible.
none really but preferably under $300
* What size camera are you looking for? Or does size not matter at all to you?
pocket/ultra compact camera
How many megapixels will suffice for you?
* What optical zoom will you need? (None, Standard = 3x-4x, Ultrazoom = 10x-12x, Other - Specify)
5x - don't want less than that
* How important is "image quality" to you? (Rate using a scale of 1-10)
8 i know these cameras aren't as good as the bigger cameras but i need a small camera and i want one with the best quality within it's limits
Do you care for manual controls?
* What will you generally use the camera for?
* Will you be making big prints of your photos or not?
Will you be shooting a lot of indoor photos or low light photos?
yes - parties/family gatherings
Will you be shooting sports and/or action photos?
probably some softball not much
Are there particular brands you like or hate?
had an olympus stylus last year and it was REALLY slow everyone had moved before it finally took the pictures
Are there particular models you already have in mind?
Fuji FinePix F100fd
|May 7, 2008, 11:13 AM||#2|
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Davenport, IA
Go to Steve's Best Camera list: http://www.steves-digicams.com/best_cameras.html
Read the reviews for Compact and Ultra-Compact cameras, if possible try out the most interesting ones from the list in a store to get the feel of the camera and controls, pick one.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|