Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 21, 2008, 7:50 AM   #1

i dont have anytime to review it, but it SURE beats my old Sony T50 and the new Sony T300
kolyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 21, 2008, 9:13 AM   #2

ps the first thing I did was that I checked ISO and low light performance, both impressed me compared to 2 cameras above
Old May 22, 2008, 7:29 PM   #3

and another thing that i want to add:

Panny fx500 is advertised as a touch screen camera but in reality even though it is a touch screen, only a few options are done via screen. so dont be fooled here, Sony T-series are true touch screen cameras
Old May 23, 2008, 4:12 PM   #4

Although the comment was made that the touch screen options are limited, there are a lot more touch screen options than that implied. For instance, when you touch the physical mode button in record mode, you have 7 record modes to touch and the manual record mode (Aperture, Shutter, full manual) lets you select the Aperture setting, shutter speed or both by touch.

Also, when taking a picture you can touch the screen and have the camera focus at the touched point and adjust light and WB. The Screen mode is selected by the mode button but once that screen shows up you can select the scene by touch. A live Histogram is also nice.

Similarly, in the playback mode, once you select the mode button the various playback modes are activated by touch.

All in all, the combination of physical button controls AND touch screen, to me, is just brilliant and very intuitive. This camera has many, many other features, too many for me to remember. Great point and shoot and while the Fuji F100fd may have better IQ, this camera, in my opinion, is a better all around choice for non pixel peepers.
fredbillie is offline   Reply With Quote