Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 10, 2008, 9:30 AM   #11

Awesome site! I will save it to my favs and share it with friends and family. Thank you. I will definetly stick with a reputable dealer now. Not taking any chances. The how to buy..without getting robbed info is super, I agree with it totally.

As for "what camera should I buy"....thus far the Fuji F100fd is lookin good. Just still concerned about the pink lines people are reporting.

Appreciating the feedback and support!:-)
goodtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2008, 12:20 PM   #12

I "think" I have made a decesion!

Fuji F50fd

at www.normancamera.com

$189

What do you think?
Old Jul 11, 2008, 3:28 PM   #13

" Fuji F50fd"

" What do you think?"

You may want to consider one thing. Although the F50 and F100 are both very similar cameras, the F100 has an updated processor and a larger zoom range. Of particular interest to you may be the fact that the F100 has a wider angle lens at the bottom end (28mm vs. 35mm for the F50). That can be advantageous when taking pics in a limited space, such as indoors and in the basement. Also, the higher telephoto (140mm vs. 105mm) would be nice when you move outside.

Take a look at the differences:

http://www.tamron.de/Focal_Length_Co....html?&L=2

If it were up to me, I'd opt for the larger zoom range, particularly the wide angle aspect. That's what I think.

the Hun
rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2008, 7:17 PM   #14

Also, consider that the F100fd has better picture quality at 800 ISO than the F50fd at 400 ISO.
http://www.digitalversus.com/duels.p...=3257&ph=1
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2008, 2:48 PM   #15

I have the F50fd. It's a decent camera (great for portraits at ISO's 100 and 200), but its lowlight capablities are inferior to those of the old F31fd, the F20 (6 megapixel cameras) and probably to the F100fd, which seems to have worked out some of the challenges inherent in putting 12 megapixels on the same sized sensor and keeping noise low at higher ISO's. If you can spend a little more money, go for the F100fd. You won't regret it.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2008, 1:57 PM   #16

Thanks everyone....you have sold me on the Fuji F100fd. I appreciate everyone's input and assistance. I have read the specs on this camera and indeed it is the one I am looking for.
Old May 21, 2009, 9:29 AM   #17

Hello again, it has been nearly a year since I purchased the Fuji F100fd. Here is my personal "take" on this camera.

Pro's: Awesome photographic results. The quality is there.
Con's: For me, for a pocket camera, it is a bit heavy and bulky. I wish it were smaller and thinner. It does not offer the 16:9 ratio.

Seems I am alwasy chasing the technology, so now I am in the market for a smaller, thinner pocket camera that offers the 16:9 ratio.

Any suggestions?
Old May 22, 2009, 10:23 PM   #18

Canon SD960is (Ixus 110is).
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote