Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 10, 2008, 9:59 PM   #1

I've narrowed my camera search between two cameras for the same price, both with great reviews. One is Canon Powershot SD750 (7 MP) , similar to what I had before. The other is a Casio EX-Z1080 (10 MP), at the same price as the Canon. I know Canon is generally regarded as the top or one of the top brands, but the Casio has stellar reviews, with more megapixels. Can a high tier camera from another brandmeet or beata mid-tier Canon?

I'd describe myself as a picture-taking enthusiast of intermediate knowledge and talent. I would be more likely to use preset shooting modes than manual controls, I like taking pictures at night or dusk, and tend to shoot more candid pictures than posed, though I do both.

What I value most is clear pictures, even if taken while moving (by foot or vehicle) or low lighting. For an idea of my expectations, my previous camera was a Canon SD110, and I was pleased with picture quality in regard to the above preferences.
gingersnap040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 11, 2008, 7:10 AM   #2

gingersnap040 wrote:
Quote:
....The other is a Casio EX-Z1080 (10 MP), at the same price as the Canon...I would be more likely to use preset shooting modes than manual controls, I like taking pictures at night or dusk ...
In their latest leaflet of mini-reviews, my favourite camera shop ( http://www.wrexcam.com ) who have tested it, say of the EXZ-1080...

"Stylish little camera which is very easy & fastto use. Good quality screen. Pictures in bright light are very sharp but in low light the Z1080 suffers badly from noise so pictures can look very grainy. Others cheaper are better."

So I'd try it out carefully before buying, if I were you. Good luck!

I'm still frequently using and very much like my EX-Z750, but that's from September 2005, and an antique now.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote