Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 5, 2008, 6:19 AM   #1

Hi all,

pls help me.. i have no idea about digicam.. so may u pls suggest me any digicam that u might think suits me the best? ehm wanting to buy a digicam for long term use.

- for general purpose, want a good and nice images. indoor&outdoor

- might take indoor&outdoor picture with low lightning condition

- i ever tried old nikon's digicam and dont like it because its quite sensitive, if u did shake little bit, pic is blur. so i think anti shake features will be able to help me? is that right? or isit image stabilization?

my budget is up to australian dollars 600.

Pls help me!!! so i can narrow down my choices. :roll:

Thank you!!!!
pinkybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 5, 2008, 9:25 AM   #2

pinky-

To really be of viable assistance to you, we are going to need some additional information. You speak of a Nikon camera, and the problems you had with it. Was it a point and shoot model of the type were refer to as a "digicam?" Or was it a single lens reflex type of camera, where you can actually change the lens that is used to take your photo.

If you did not need a lot of zoom certainly something like the Canon A-590 IS could work well for you. If you wanted more zoom, look at the Canon A-720 IS.

Can you tell us or give us examples of the kind of photos that you like to take. You mention "low lighting conditions," but how low is that? Is the light level provided by a single 100 watt light bulb?

Thanks for your help.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2008, 11:02 PM   #3

its nikon coolpix 7900. i am not to sure whether it is a point and shoot camera. when i shake a little bit the picture is blur. or maybe i dont know how to set the control thats why its blur. because its my friend's camera.

ehm basically i am going to useit for outdoor pictures when we go for holiday, night time outdoor and indoor with justaverage light, inside the house/restaurant.

so i think basically its just for general purpose and to get a good coloured pictures and i really prefer cam that can be use for quite long term before i change another one.

i apologize if i dont really answer ur question. i really have no idea about camera.

I really appreciate ur help.

Thanks

Old Aug 6, 2008, 11:53 AM   #4

pink-

I sincerely beleive that either the Canon A-590 IS or the Canon A-720 IS will give you good service and probably overcome small very minor body reactions that might blur a photo.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 7, 2008, 10:09 PM   #5

Thanks so much Sarah for ur recommendation. will go to the store to check it out.

Btw i went to the store the other day and the sales person recommend me Sony DSCW 150 or canon ixus 80 IS. what do u think?

Thanks!
Old Aug 7, 2008, 11:17 PM   #6

pinky-

They are both good cameras, but measurably more expensive. The choice is yours, pinky.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 8, 2008, 9:35 AM   #7

Sarah,

You going to try out the LX3? I'm on the waiting list at Amazon, and as soon as that 18mm conversion lens is out....it's mine!
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 12:48 PM   #8

Greg-

That sounds like fun. I own the LX-2 and was disappointed with it. So I think that I will take a wait and see approach to the LX-3. Certainly I am sure that the Venus 4 processor is going to help it.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 9, 2008, 6:00 PM   #9

Sarah,

if u were me, will you get sony w150 or w300? the price is not much different.. and i am really confuse here...

is that much different between them? do u think they suits my need for indoor and outdoor photos which might need low light focusing aid?

cheers
Old Aug 9, 2008, 6:44 PM   #10

If the choice were mine, I would opt for the Sony W-150 instead of the W-300. The W-300 costs more and just gives you more mp's which will serve to create more electronic noise.

The W-150 has an excellent mix to good low light level focusing, good photo quality at ISO 800, and all of the same features found on the W-300 such as I-SCN which could be very helpful.

But that is just my opinion. Be sure to actually handle both cameras and determine how they fix your hand, before making your own and ultimate buying decision.

Good Luck to you.

Sarah Joyce