Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 6, 2008, 12:29 PM   #1

Is the FZ 28 worth waiting for compared to the FZ 18? I have noticed a reduced price on the FZ 18's. If its worth the wait will buy a TZ 5 for now and a new FZ 28 once they come out. If not need to hurry and order a FZ 18.

I know no testing has been done just curious if anyone could shed some light on this question.

Thanks

Zoofan
zoofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 6, 2008, 1:03 PM   #2

zoofan-

The Panasonic FZ-18 is no slouch at all. However, the key element of change between the FZ-18 and the FZ-28 will be the upgrade from a Venus 3 processor, found on the FZ-18 to the Venus 4 processor on the FZ-28.

Keep in mind that the FZ-28 will sell right at or near full list price when it is introduced. It will take 8 months to a year to see an appreciable price reduction. That is what has happened with the FZ-18.

Naturally the logical question to ask is this: will that Venus 4 processor make that much difference? The Venus 4 processor surely made a big difference in the photo performance of the Panasonic LZ-8. The Venus 4 processor will be used in the new and soon to be introduced Panasonic LX-3.

So, zoofan, there are the facts. It is sort of a personal decision.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 11:30 PM   #3

Sarah,

I took your advice and decided to get both the FZ 18 and the TZ 5. They should both meet my needs plus if wife is using one camera still am able to take one with me.

Thanks for the insight may order the FZ 28 after its been around awhile but now cannot wait to check out this two new cameras

Thanks Again

zoofan
zoofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2008, 12:04 PM   #4

zoofan-

That sounds like an excellent decision. I think both cameras will serve you well.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote