Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

View Poll Results: What camera do you think I should buy?
Sony T700 0 0%
Nikon S710 2 100.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 14, 2008, 3:30 PM   #1

Hi everyone.

I currently own a Canon SD900, after comparing a few shots with a old Nikon from a friend, decided to start looking for a new camera.

Now I need help.

I'm leaning towards the new Sony T700 (will be our in the September), and is the new version of the T300 (which is the version of the T200).

I am also intrigued by the Nikon S710.

The T700 has a couple great features such as a 4 GB internal memory and a 3.5" LCD, but I have read a lot about noise problems with the T200, and wonder if Sony has corrected the issue or it remains.

I would appreciate if anyone would give me their opinion and if you've owned "sister" models to the ones I'm looking into, your input would be great.

I live in Brasil and just found this site today. This is a great site, very informative.

Thanks a lot.

FT
fabiotichy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 15, 2008, 1:11 PM   #2

Hey there.

A lot of people already read my original entre ..... but no replies!!!!!!

I am asking for your help, thanks to all.

FT

Old Aug 15, 2008, 6:31 PM   #3

Fabio-

I hate to see your post go unanswered. However, I must be very honest with you as well. As you can see from the number of my posts shown under my name and avatar to the left margin, I have answered over 7,000 times on this Forum. None the less, among those that provide answers, we have become somewhat specialized.

For example, my special area of expertise is ultra-zoom digicams and DSLR cameras. I am sorry to say that I do not actively keep up and closely follow those very small and thin digicams.

So without a lot of research and work on the internet reading reviews on these small cameras, I cannot really give you the comprehensive that you are quite honestly seeking.

I will watch your thread over the wekkend, and if necessary on Monday I will sit down and get you an answer. In the meantime, I sincerely hope that a small camera expert will step in with an answer.

Have a great weekend.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2008, 10:46 AM   #4

Thanks for replying Sarah.

Amazing ... 173 people read my posting, and only 1 answer.

I guess it leads me to believe that people aren't too familiar with the smaller cameras.

But it's hard to believe that no one would have any insight on the matter... something like "my cousing has a Sony and it takes great pictures".

I'm really not looking for anything very technical because these cameras are not meant to be used to anything professional.

Thanks a lot once again.

F. Tichy
Old Aug 17, 2008, 11:02 AM   #5

It's not personal.

The fact is that the two cameras you mention are touch screen controlled, which many camera users don't care for.

Also, one of them hasn't even been released yet.

If you had questions about, say, the Sony W300 or the Sony H50 you'd get a much better response.
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2008, 8:10 AM   #6

Andy,

Thanks for the reply.

I understand the points you've made, however, I was also looking for opinions on the "sister" models as I said on my original posting since one of them has not been released yet.

For example..... the T700 is not out yet, but someone with the T200 or T300 might be able to say something usefull since the new model should follow the older ones somewhat.

Same thing for the Nikon model.

Thanks.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 9:13 AM   #7

Wow ..... a ton os views and no real responses ...

Well, I still have hope that people will contribute.

Thanks.

FT

Old Aug 28, 2008, 11:46 AM   #8

i currently use smaller digital cameras and have been doing some of my own searching for a new camera. i have a few friends that have used casio cameras and loved them. the cameras take amazing slow motion videos. i believe casio is coming out with a new smaller camera, the ex-s10. it looks great. it takes great action shots, as well as videos. i have a younger brother that plays sports, so i think the ability it has for action shots will be amazing for me and my family. the new camera has a 5 second pre-recorder on it, so if you are trying to take a video, it starts recording 5 seconds before you hit the button. i'm pretty excited about it, i hope this helps.

www.youtube.com/casiousa
flowers26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2008, 5:22 AM   #9

Hi, just bought the Sony DSC-W300 and am impressed with its performance for such a small camera.

Features on this model include larger sensor, adjustment of noise reduction, contrast, sharpness and color. also has a viewfinder (rare nowadays on small camera's) and one push white balance set, still made in Japan.

Camera: Sony DSC-W300

Shutter: 5 sec ,Aperture: f/2.8 , ISO: 80 ,Tripod: Yes, W/bal: Auto

Attached Images

Wirraway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2008, 5:26 AM   #10

Camera: Sony DSC-W300

ISO: 400, Aperture: f/3.2, Shutter: 1/30 sec, Exp bios: -0.30, W/bal: Auto (handheld)

Attached Images

Wirraway is offline   Reply With Quote